• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Headlight deletes?

bopper

Premium Member
Apr 28, 2008
elkford,bc
What are the most popular headlight deletes?
Cleanest?
Best installation?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Snowedunder

Premium Member
Mar 27, 2008
BC
Reaper, think evo power sports is supposed to be building them, been waiting . A guy should bug them again .

C
Feb 5, 2010
Norway
I have the BDX one :) Love it! Easy install and only take a short amount of time to install :)

The only thing I don`t like, is that the plastic plate that holds the instrument and windshield is a little flimsy so it is tricky to get the windshield to stay flat, and I use some hard core industrial tape to seal the block of plate under the hood, just for a better seal.

I love the looks of mountain fit hoods but looks like a lot of job just for the hood, so I would do the BDX again. And I love the intake sound and the sound of the sled after the hood.

C

coolx2

Nov 29, 2007
Reaper, think evo power sports is supposed to be building them, been waiting . A guy should bug them again .

I bugged them so much they stopped replying. I wonder if they are ever going to produce them.

C
Feb 5, 2010
Norway
That is because he is a private person that have the tools for making that kind of stuff. I did it for him self and made some for sale.
But they got so popular that he had no time to fab them and had some other to make them for him.
So there is no website :)

bopper

Premium Member
Apr 28, 2008
elkford,bc
Ended up ordering cutlers since they were the only ones readily available and easy to order. Will update once I install

bopper

Premium Member
Apr 28, 2008
elkford,bc
Finally got my cutler delete installed. The instructions suck so you have to lay it out a few times to figure it out. Also not overly happy with how high the gauge sits, I will probably end up drilling my own holes in the bracket and lowering it.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1431371139.164834.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1431371150.547705.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1431371162.601719.jpg

mja

Lifetime Membership
May 18, 2011
This is the cpc mount on my 6000. I'm using SLP high flow vents up front also.

20150608_182840.jpg 20150608_182800.jpg 20150608_182819.jpg

KMOD

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Firth
kmodsnowmobileparts.com
More than just a headlight delete but may be of interest:

Fire 'n Ice - Pro-Climb Lite Weight Hood

I run this hood all last year, we had just a few minor bugs we worked out but now it works flawless. It has a carbon fiber fresh air intake just behind the windshield for deep days plus draws air in though the vents on the front of the hood. Very noticeable how much lighter the sled feels on the front end, and you can see the gauge at all times.
Kevin

F
Apr 5, 2009
I run this hood all last year, we had just a few minor bugs we worked out but now it works flawless. It has a carbon fiber fresh air intake just behind the windshield for deep days plus draws air in though the vents on the front of the hood. Very noticeable how much lighter the sled feels on the front end, and you can see the gauge at all times.
Kevin

you have more and better pics of it on the sled?

thanks

KMOD

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Firth
kmodsnowmobileparts.com
I have run quite a few of the headlight deletes, but I have not run this one.

Kevin, what did you have to do to it to make it work best for you?

It worked good from the start, but better when we put a carbon fiber air deflector inside the plenum and sealed up all spots that drew under hood air.
Here is a couple more photos, the one you can see the behind windshield air intake, it takes air from the two front hood vents also.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Premium Features