• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

08 fx Nytro extend track to 136 or 144

R
Jan 25, 2011
Hi, I have an 08 fx nytro and was considering extending the track to do more off-trail riding. I am wondering if anyone else has done this and if they have ran into any problems?

05REVSTER

Feb 19, 2008
Manitoba Canada
www.youtube.com
I have my 121" extended to 136"

THe one thing I would suggest is to add some boggy wheels at the back where the rear axel was originally was as the extended area can burn thru sliders without them.

R
Sep 16, 2010
I just put the tracks usa 144 kit in my 08 nytro a couple of weeks ago with a finger tack cut to 1.75 and it works really well both on and off trail. you will definatly want to add extra wheels at the back and keep the front strap pulled up about half way for your slidders though. scratchers also helped lotts.

Y
Nov 27, 2007
Virden, MB
I second the 1.75 track depending on where you live. I have an 09 XTX that came with the 144 x 1.25 ripsaw and I swapped it out for the 1.75 backcountry. That made a big differance but I did notice that it pushes a lot more in the corners now, as the tipped up rails don't have the same effect with the deeper paddles. All said, I think the 144 would be the better choice.

Premium Features