• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Is AC listening, Who's in, Class action for belts

Would you Join a class action to get blet issue fixed and warranty belts

• I think AC should warranty belts and would join a class action for it and a fix

Votes: 73 35.4%
  • AC should warranty/fix but I would not join a class action

Votes: 112 54.4%
  • AC should not warranty but I would join to get the problem fixed

Votes: 5 2.4%
  • No warranty, No Action, No fix, life is life

Votes: 16 7.8%

• Total voters
A

arctic2009

Nov 19, 2009
Minnesota
anyone know if TEAM has any updates to the clutches they released last season?

-Aksnopro

They are working on a clutch cell for Cat right now, can't say it's for the TEAM cat secondary, those are all made in a "secondary clutch cell" where they make secondaries for all the manufacturers. But I can tell you they are constantly refining their clutches. The R&D building and engineers are constantly working on something better.

S
Jan 28, 2011
Upper Peninsula
If Arctic Cat sent the following letter, would you be good with it?

Dear 2012 owner,

We apologize for the reduced belt life experienced with your new ProClimb this season. This does not meet your expectations or ours for having the best machine on the side of the mountain.

As an interim containment action, we have released a new -084 belt and two will be provided to you at no cost. This belt will not fix the problem but will be incrementally better for some riders and conditions. If you have continued belt reliability issues, please return the failed belt to your dealer for a no questions asked free replacement.

For the permanent corrective action, our engineering and product support teams have worked with key mountain dealers and ProClimb owners over the past two months to understand the root cause, develop and validate the solution.

Now that the problem is understood and solution validated, Arctic Cat is pleased to announce that an update kit with new parts XYZ will be provided and installed free of charge to all ProClimb owners. With the lead time of releasing new engineering drawings and procuring new parts from our supply base, unfortunately the kits will not be available before June 1.

When you bring in your sled for the summer update, please enjoy picking out that new riding gear accessory at your dealership with the $100 in Cat Cash we are including with the update kit.

Thank you for your past and future business,
Important Arctic Cat name here

P.S. The moose were the root cause

I still havent gotten my 2012 yet but this letter would make any customer with bad belt issues happy. From what I have read, most High Country sleds have not been having as bad of belt issues or people are not being honest. Again, nice letter.

S
Jan 28, 2011
Upper Peninsula
I might be way off base here, but will most of this problem come down to a bad batch of secondary clutches. My dealer seems to think he has it figured out with a different clutch kit. Different helix, spring and weights and those sleds have not blown any belts since the change. This sled needs venting like every other sled too.

What dealer? I need to know this spring incase I have any issues.

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Red Lodge MT to North, CO
Rumor is the '13 has a different clutch, you want it fixed, get a p-85, get it balanced with a 911 cover, extra motor mounts (white rad), get a good secondary (team), clutch it right, get a better clutch guard, and then seal off the water.
So for $2500 you might stop blowing belts.

I'm starting to loose interest in buying sleds and starting to think in the long run I can build a better one for less from the ground up, wtf.

Premium Features