• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Sick Nytro!

BBNytro

Lifetime Membership
Jan 6, 2009
Estevan, Sask
So my MCX nytro started consuming oil last season. I rebuilt the turbo and tried a different MCX Scavenge pump. Still consuming oil. Last night I pulled the tank and did a compression test the outside cylinders were 160 psi and the center one was 140 psi. SO I hooked up the cylinder leakage tester to it and the best result I could get is 60% leakage with a pile of air coming out of the breather. Any thoughts? Just going to start looking into pricing parts. It does have JE Pistons and Carrillo rods.

RACINSTATION

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2003
Idaho
If you have 60% coming out the breather, I would guess that you have some nicasil damage to the cylinder wall and you will need new pistons, rings, and a replate on the cylinder assembly.

RACINSTATION

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2003
Idaho
Usually around $650 for a triple. You HAVE to do all three cylinders and then deck the top so it is true and flat.

M
Jan 14, 2004
Do you have a head shim still? I've blown those out before which results in what you are seeing or worse. I'm guessing that with rods and pistons you don't have a shim but just a thought.

M5

Last edited:

BBNytro

Lifetime Membership
Jan 6, 2009
Estevan, Sask
Well tore the nytro down today and found that all three pistons are broken in the middle Ring land pretty much in the same place. so I am assuming that I had some detonation not too long ago. Not sure whether to contact JE and see if there was any issues with that batch of pistons. So I am on the hunt for another set while the block goes in for replateing.

IMG_0651.jpg IMG_0652.jpg IMG_0653.jpg

RACINSTATION

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2003
Idaho
Cracking between the ring lands like that is usually a cylinder pressure (boost) issue. Fuel quality will also lend a hand to this problem.

S

Shred4Ever

Nov 2, 2013
Make those JE into ashtrays... Not worth chit! Go with Wiseco SK1367 9:5:1.... Those friggen JE are junk!!! (For Nytro).... Apex ok..

Don't quote me on part #

Good Luck

Premium Features