• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

this weeks project 2013 stereo

stocksucks!!

Lifetime Membership
Dec 6, 2008
fort st john b.c
www.powderking.com
a little project I started this week..
u can see my gauge relocation bracket. that gauge I smashed on a tree last season along with the hood so perfect for cutting and fiber glassing. bought a new gauge and hood this summer witch I will keep and install back and forth. the gauge clears full side to side bar movement even with my arctic cat handle bar bag on..(I went with the cat bag cause it was bigger and polaris only had the small on last season)
so the system consists of
I will be using my ipod nano or iphone as a source unit.
Rockford Fosgate m282 marine 8'' speaker with 1'' bridge mounted tweeter
Rockford Fosgate PBR300X2 300watt bridged 4ohm mono amp
Rigid SR-M pair wired to factory low beam
I will order my headlight delete Monday and I am also ordering stock hood air box. I have all the hood clips and intake vents, belt holder ect so I don't have to try swap back and forth. the only parts I will be swaping back and forth is gauge and stock wiring harness. even that amp has quick connect for power, speakers and rca.so removing that hood will be easy.
I have electric start already so 12 volt is easy. also finding accessory will be no problem. I tested the speaker last night and she can go loud and clear need more bass. so I am looking into an app that might help with that.
I think I covered everything. and yes I know that I am not the first to do this

photo sled.jpg sled stereo 2.jpg sled stereo 3.jpg

P

pura vida

Nov 26, 2007
My main concern would be the ability to pull the needed power from the stock electrical system. You might also have the potential issue of ripping the sub if it gets too cold.

V

villain

Nov 2, 2013
That and you won't be able to hear it over the sound of the engine when your wfo with a helmet on.

Pro-8250

Lifetime Membership
Mar 4, 2008
Northern MN.
Better be careful with that headlight delete. I believe the electrical system requires the stock head lights to be funtional. Something to do with heat disapation because of the lost load. Mountain Horse and others had some good info on that.......just saying:wine::wine::wine:

m1kflyingtiger

Lifetime Membership
Jan 28, 2010
Soldotna, AK
Better be careful with that headlight delete. I believe the electrical system requires the stock head lights to be funtional. Something to do with heat disapation because of the lost load. Mountain Horse and others had some good info on that.......just saying:wine::wine::wine:
He has PLENTY of draw on the system there.

Cascade Addiction

Lifetime Membership
Sep 21, 2011
WA Cascades
That's probably the coolest thing I've seen yet, done to a PRO, or any sled for that matter. Good for you!! Would love to ride with you to check that out, PM me if you need a riding partner in the Cascades sometime.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

stocksucks!!

Lifetime Membership
Dec 6, 2008
fort st john b.c
www.powderking.com
Electrical will handle it no problem. As far as the headlight delete I will be putting in resistors and rectifier that I am getting from mountain fit. As far as the cold wrecking the speaker time will tell but the cone is a composite not plastic. It has a protective metal grille over it that I then wrapped with slp prefilter. So it should hold up if not i know the Rockford rep. He could help me out. Loudness is no issue at all it's crazy loud.. 300 watt on one 8" 2 way speaker she's loud and clean. Thanks guys for looking and chiming in.. And I will shoot u a pm if I get out that way. I will have this baby in sicamous jan-5-12

P

pura vida

Nov 26, 2007
sounds like you did your research. might work out well for you. not sure how high that is on my priority list for my sled but good luck with it and post up how she works out.

pv

Jay

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Smithers, B.C.
Nice! I just found this thread now, I think that's a great idea. How's it working?

R

Reddragon800

Feb 26, 2013
The Wrap was an idea I had last summer!! A company called Decal Den out of Prince George BC helped me out with the custom wrap. They have a great design team and it came out perfect!! The powder coating really tied everything together. The stereo was done by sound obsessions in Lloydminster Saskatchewan. It uses the electric start charging system and they replaced the stock heavy battery with a nice light one. I ended up removing the entire Estart and it now weights less with the stereo. The Estart in total weighed 34 pounds!! The total weight of the stereo system is 16 pounds. It takes sledding to a whole new world. Its like a video game now. Tree riding and poking lines are way better when AC/DC thunderstuck is playing!! This is the most enjoyable sled I've ever ridden. I'm still having clutching issues with the RK Tek drop in kit but other than that im very happy with how this sled turned out.

Marty UT

Stirring the pot
Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
Utah
Been kicking this idea around for a few years. Just never have got serious about it. Would love to do something like this and hook my XM radio up to it! :D

N

Newby2sleds

Dec 15, 2011
Vancouver BC
The Wrap was an idea I had last summer!! A company called Decal Den out of Prince George BC helped me out with the custom wrap. They have a great design team and it came out perfect!! The powder coating really tied everything together. The stereo was done by sound obsessions in Lloydminster Saskatchewan. It uses the electric start charging system and they replaced the stock heavy battery with a nice light one. I ended up removing the entire Estart and it now weights less with the stereo. The Estart in total weighed 34 pounds!! The total weight of the stereo system is 16 pounds. It takes sledding to a whole new world. Its like a video game now. Tree riding and poking lines are way better when AC/DC thunderstuck is playing!! This is the most enjoyable sled I've ever ridden. I'm still having clutching issues with the RK Tek drop in kit but other than that im very happy with how this sled turned out.

I'm using the Team rooster adjustable weights with my drop in. They work really well and you can tailor them to your liking.

B
Jan 9, 2013

Which kit was used for your headlights? I have been trying to get a hold of one. Do you like them?

Jay

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Smithers, B.C.
Never really thought of it that way before but now I realize I've had a Boom Sled for years. Damn thing has gone Boom more often than I care to think about. Oh and Bunny and Tigre are hot. :face-icon-small-win

Premium Features