• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

PIDD white screen

R

rmk01r1der

Apr 30, 2008
ND
Wondering if anyone else has had this problem. Rode last weekend and the PIDD worked great on the 18 pro until I went to unload it off the trailer when we got back home. Screen powers up but just shows white nothing else. Already dealt with the fun black screen but got the update and all was fine. Any info would be great.

Dec 5, 2015
Minnesota
Did you try push and hold key 5 for like 5-15 seconds (I think that long or hold till it reboots?). I remember something about white screen in the PIDD owners manual.

R

rmk01r1der

Apr 30, 2008
ND
I did try the reset already. It powers off and back on but just goes right back to the white screen.

C

chuckbernard

Jan 7, 2008
I'm had the same problem with mine. At one point it wasn't just pure white, but rather super washed out where you could see the data on the screen but use barely. After sitting all summer it looks like it is working fine again. I suspect that it might be getting moisture inside which causes it to not work properly. After drying out over the summer it looks like it is working again.

I'm thinking about opening it up, making sure that it is real dry and sealing it better upon reassembly.

Then again, it might just not like the cold or something. Dealer never helped to fix it, now out of warranty.

Premium Features