• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Replacing Old TS Spindle For Aro Spindle

I bought a 2017 Timbersled 137 LE and I want to upgrade to the Aro Spindle and Ski. I am wondering if the fork clamp kit that came with the fit kit to attach the old style spindle will work to attached the new Aro Spindle? The kit is going on a 2018 KTM 450 SXF.

wellfed777

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Oregon
Hey Need

are you saying the ski is the big upgrade or
ski/spindle ?
i think the new ski and spindle are lighter
and that's pretty huge to get nose weight less on older kits
i would think

needpowder

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Utah
I was saying the ski was a big upgrade. I was actually going to do just the ski but timber sled was selling it for the package at about the same price as just the ski once he pieced it altogether.I’m not really sure how much the spindle helps. If you do get the spindle make sure you brace it. There are some threads on here about it.

The new ski is way less prone to washing out in the powder. I could wash out the old ski pretty easily especially going downhill steep. You have probably seen the threads on this, but you’ll want to grind down the huge center carbide. It catches on everything.

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
I was saying the ski was a big upgrade. I was actually going to do just the ski but timber sled was selling it for the package at about the same price as just the ski once he pieced it altogether.I’m not really sure how much the spindle helps. If you do get the spindle make sure you brace it. There are some threads on here about it.

The new ski is way less prone to washing out in the powder. I could wash out the old ski pretty easily especially going downhill steep. You have probably seen the threads on this, but you’ll want to grind down the huge center carbide. It catches on everything.

What he said.

I really want to try a triple point carbide on an aro ski.

Premium Features