• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Track swap on XCR 120, need help

El Gringo

Premium Member
Jan 30, 2010
Calgary Alberta
The track on my son's XCR 120 needs to be replaced, I bought a new track from Michelle at Oregan Trail sports ( Thanks, great service) but am having a hard time getting the drive axle out. Do I have to drill out the rivets holding the cover plate? It looks like the sprocket is held on to the axle with a roll pin? Do I just need a pin punch to drive it out? If there is a thread on this I can't find it. If someone has a link that would be great. I'm getting a lot of pressure to fix junior's sled, so any help would be great, thanks.

Kraven

Lifetime Membership
Apr 11, 2009
MIDWEST
The track on my son's XCR 120 needs to be replaced, I bought a new track from Michelle at Oregan Trail sports ( Thanks, great service) but am having a hard time getting the drive axle out. Do I have to drill out the rivets holding the cover plate? It looks like the sprocket is held on to the axle with a roll pin? Do I just need a pin punch to drive it out? If there is a thread on this I can't find it. If someone has a link that would be great. I'm getting a lot of pressure to fix junior's sled, so any help would be great, thanks.

Yes on drilling out the cover rivets, just replace with self tappers.

Punch out the roll pin and they offer a quick-change hub/sprocket set-up

I can post picks or you can go on www.RECMOTORS.com they have pics there as well.

You may want to check/replace the drive axle bearings while it's apart, not so much from the mileage,b ut from age and lack of grease=RUST in the bearings

Hope this helps

El Gringo

Premium Member
Jan 30, 2010
Calgary Alberta
Thanks for the help, I looked at Rec motors site and saw that they had a bolt on their sprockets, seems like a better idea. Thanks for the tip on the bearing change, you were right the one I got out is toast. It seems like these sleds are not really built to be worked on easily.

Premium Features