• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Project money pit...

R

Ryanlilly

Jan 18, 2011
Enumclaw, Washington
More progress, everything is back from powder coat. Bottom end is back from fastrax, fresh top end is on. Finished putting the skid together tonight. Now to finish the tunnel... Oh and my son lookin like a bobble head in my new 509 helmet and goggles.

IMAG0166.jpg IMAG0167.jpg IMAG0168.jpg IMAG0169.jpg IMAG0170.jpg

Last edited:

Vertical Asshauler

Lifetime Membership
Nov 22, 2009
Kelowna, BC
Wow! Looks like that was alot of work. I'm sure it'll pay off doing it the "right" way with the D&R though. I had no idea the jackshaft had to move so much! Looks good though.

The D&R on my edge puts the jack shaft right inside the tunnel. So much room inside I am running 10 tooth drivers and 2.4 track.

Very nice build so far ryan. Be weary about the dial-a-dome heads. They do not handle det very well and become loose, blowing o rings.

Last edited:
R

Ryanlilly

Jan 18, 2011
Enumclaw, Washington
The D&R on my edge puts the jack shaft right inside the tunnel. So much room inside I am running 10 tooth drivers and 2.4 track.

Very nice build so far ryan. Be weary about the dial-a-dome heads. They do not handle det very well and become loose, blowing o rings.

Thanks! The dial a domes are long gone, they won't be needed with the turbo.

R

Ryanlilly

Jan 18, 2011
Enumclaw, Washington
Starting to think this friggen thing hates me... Something that takes 5 min, ends up taking a couple hours. Was just bolting on the thermostat housing and the bolt snapped off from some powder coat that was in the threads. So I drilled it and tried an extractor and that snapped! Ill just have to drill the whole thing and re tap it. Had to walk away, was getting to mad.

R

Ryanlilly

Jan 18, 2011
Enumclaw, Washington
Finished yet, more pic?

Not finished yet, got busy with the holidays. I did get the head cover taken care of and engine is all back together with the motor plate bolted on. Any one have some suggestions on how to tighten the front motor mounts without the special tool? Im off friday so planning on getting as much done as possible. Oh, and some new pictures.

R

Ryanlilly

Jan 18, 2011
Enumclaw, Washington
Took her out on the first ride today... Holy hell when that boost hits, damn you better be holding on!

Bad part if the ride, had to be towed out by my wifes phazer. My secondary burned a hole thru my coolant line. Ran the coolant line to close...

I'll post pics soon.

S

swrev

Jun 26, 2008
Lewistown, MT
Oh the joy of being towed in by the wife. I still insist I was pushing my wife back when she pulled me back last year. Simple problem also. Boost line came off the carb and I didn't see it. How much riding did you get before the coolant line went?

R

Ryanlilly

Jan 18, 2011
Enumclaw, Washington
Oh the joy of being towed in by the wife. I still insist I was pushing my wife back when she pulled me back last year. Simple problem also. Boost line came off the carb and I didn't see it. How much riding did you get before the coolant line went?

Oh not much about 6 miles, but I guess that's good would have sucked to be far in and towed out.

Premium Features