• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

ProNytro V2

K

Kennyspec

Feb 6, 2010
i got the chaincase fully welded to the alum plate. in hindsight I should of just used a apex chaincase.

I had to make the upper pyramid removeable so that the eingine could come out.

K

Kennyspec

Feb 6, 2010
The top horizontal tube of the pyramid is at an angle because the steering shaft will run from the Center of that tube to the far left side of the sled at the bottom of the bulkhead. That short tube had to be crooked so that it was 90* to the steering shaft so that I can easily mount the steering shaft bushings to it. The other 4 tubes were just bent to keep them close to the panels and make room for a manifold/intercooler above the tb's. It looks as if the pyramid will be weaker this way....but trust me I bet this tube chassis is at least 2x as ridgid as any production sled. With just 3 or 4 of the running board tubes tacked on you can stand on the one running board and I bet there is less than 1mm deflection.

S

sportsterdanne

May 3, 2011
Already hitting the snow with your new build :face-icon-small-hap

I belive your weight is pretty good.

K

Kennyspec

Feb 6, 2010
I started on the cooler today as I have pretty much had it with welding the 4130. the running board tubes were a huge pita.
I got this heat exchanger material and I am wondering how much how big of a exchanger I need to make. I will not be running a bulkhead exchanger, this will be the only heat exchanger on the sled. it is about 36" each pass with 4 passes. so a total of 144" of exchanger material. I have to build a end tank on each end of the exchangers and its proving to be a fairly tedious job.

my alum welding isn't the greatest, but should work.

Will I need to run the thermostat? I am going to be making a expansion tank for the coolant but would like to get rid of the thermostat housing to shed some weight. I guess with no thermostat I wouldn't need a bypass loop either? what if the heat exchanger is too efficient and with no thermostat the returning coolant is too cold??

Premium Features