• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

clutches

J
Nov 27, 2007
I recently pulled the clutch off my 1100 and was amazed that there were no balancing holes in it. I am now wondering if this is the reason for my belt issues.. it would have to be way off but possible if that far off... any one else looked there clutch over, do they balance them at all? julio

J
Nov 27, 2007
one response?

have looked at a few other 1100 cat primarys and they all had balancing holes, i think mine slipped threw.. nice that they are back ordered and they guy here that balances them doesnt have a stub shaft to spin them.. julio

J
Nov 27, 2007
?

could be, ha, really wanted to trade clutches with another sled this last week but caught a tree with my hand and ended my trip.. no fun sitting in the hotel waiting for everyone to get done riding julio

Bendy

Lifetime Membership
Dec 11, 2009
Spirit River, AB Canada
Both

Both of mine have holes drilled in them to remove material for balancing purposes. Even the second, secondary I'm now running that I received on warranty has them.

Sage Crusher

Lifetime Membership
Dec 30, 2010
Rock Springs,Wyoming
:face-icon-small-tonMine has NONE- took it to get balanced and got the deer in the headlight look.. perfect is what I was told.. why mess with something that passed inspection and be grateful... ya you got one of the good ones.

500+ miles and no belt issues in the season powder and now the spring mash potatoes we ride in now!

S/C

J
Nov 27, 2007
:face-icon-small-tonMine has NONE- took it to get balanced and got the deer in the headlight look.. perfect is what I was told.. why mess with something that passed inspection and be grateful... ya you got one of the good ones.

500+ miles and no belt issues in the season powder and now the spring mash potatoes we ride in now!

S/C

i would love it if that were true but to ride it costs me more for belts than fuel. including the truck fuel! the primary wont hold. julio

Sage Crusher

Lifetime Membership
Dec 30, 2010
Rock Springs,Wyoming
We have that same here from our Utah Friends.... N/C if she is zero
Just remember - if it doesn't have holes- it may not be right- if it has them it may not be perfect.....
For $40.00 it is worth the peice of mind to know she spins with less wobble
S/C

Premium Features