• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Silber bog coming off full boost

Jul 22, 2009
2016 Axys, Silber kit with quiet can, 7lb spring, mixing in 2-3 gals 110 race gas with 91 non eth per tank, roughly 9k-10k ft. roughly 700 miles on sled, 200 miles at most on the turbo.

The first few rides the sled ran flawlessly. Recently in the last ride and a half when I'm making full boost with the flapper clamped to the bars, then let off of the throttle all or most of the way, then go to get back on it the sled completely bogs for a good second and then comes back to life. It's sent me over the hood a couple times. Any guesses on what might be causing this or where to start looking? If I only ease off the throttle say half way (like a trail ride) it will dump the boost and not bog. It's only when it's an aggressive all to none (or very little) type of throttle action that causes this. Also, the intake vents were clear too. No other issues with the sled/turbo other than this all-to-no throttle bog.

Any help is appreciated.

Sage Crusher

Lifetime Membership
Dec 30, 2010
Rock Springs,Wyoming
How long ago did you purchase the turbo?
There is an ECU update that help situations when you are 'WOT' "Like after a good pull" back off the throttle and get back into it.. the update help with the slight bog issues that you had to feather the throttle to get the R's back up.

Jul 22, 2009
Are you in ETH mode?

How long ago did you purchase the turbo?
There is an ECU update that help situations when you are 'WOT' "Like after a good pull" back off the throttle and get back into it.. the update help with the slight bog issues that you had to feather the throttle to get the R's back up.

I snowchecked it in the spring of 17 and received it around October of 17. I have to assume that I have the most recent map?

snoballssnoglory

Lifetime Membership
Nov 20, 2008
Had this happen to me out of the gate after install. Exactly what you are describing.
I also installed a new throttle cable when installed the turbo.
Justin saw a video of it happening and said throttle cable was too tight. ( he did not know I changed throttle cables)
I was skeptical to say the least.
It worked. Couldn’t believe it. Couple turns up on the bars and it was solved. Have since deleted my tss.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AKFULLTHROTTLE

Lifetime Membership
Dec 20, 2009
Alaska
Could for sure be the TSS, get a bypass and see if it cures it. Cheap test, also like said make sure you have some play in your throttle.

rrjames

Lifetime Membership
Nov 2, 2012
Missoula, MT
Check for exhaust leaks. I had the same problem following a muffler change, I had a leak coming into the turbo from the pipe. It ran well enough but coming off WOT it would stumble. With everything sealed back up she works great.

Last edited by a moderator:
J

JJ_0909

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 16, 2009
If none of that above solves the problem, might look at your octane. It seems like your octane is a bit high as well for your elevation.

YB

I can say for certain this isn't octane related.

Throttle cable, belt slip (losing load on the motor), exhaust valves, or boost leak.

If I were you I would...

Put new donuts in, resilicone all connections

Check throttle cable (easy one). Make sure its not catching on anything too.

Go over your clutches. Make sure spring in proper working order and weight bushings not worn.

Put a new belt on.

Be positive TPS is within spec

Clean exhaust valves.

You do all of this and I'd bet you are back in business.

assaulted-one

Lifetime Membership
Sep 20, 2013
ND
check your primary spring. I was having problems on my pro and was chasing all sorts things, turned out the spring broke one coil off and couldn't see it till I took the clutch apart.

LongHorn XC

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Illinois
I can say for certain this isn't octane related.

Throttle cable, belt slip (losing load on the motor), exhaust valves, or boost leak.

If I were you I would...

Put new donuts in, resilicone all connections

Check throttle cable (easy one). Make sure its not catching on anything too.

Go over your clutches. Make sure spring in proper working order and weight bushings not worn.

Put a new belt on.

Be positive TPS is within spec

Clean exhaust valves.

You do all of this and I'd bet you are back in business.

Thanks for the positive response, I’ll keep that in mind. Burn more octane then see if it clears up. I know what happens to me if I burn too high of octane. Just happened today.

Premium Features