• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

How long before each mfgr. has its own separate (sub)forum?

B
It must just be a matter of time before Camso, Yeti, Timbersled et al, each gets its own sub forum.

Right now I don't mind reading most every thread as it is all so interesting but it won't be long before the sport expands and the need to created the sub-forums just has to happen.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
It must just be a matter of time before Camso, Yeti, Timbersled et al, each gets its own sub forum.

Right now I don't mind reading most every thread as it is all so interesting but it won't be long before the sport expands and the need to created the sub-forums just has to happen.
And that will be a GOOD THING when it happens!

mikew5945

Lifetime Membership
Aug 30, 2009
SW Montana

And that will be a GOOD THING when it happens!

Ben, When you get this kind of reaction you need to remember that we all will blame YOU for the crap that we will have to deal with later. Get that bike out of your basement and go ride somewhere.......

B
Ben, When you get this kind of reaction you need to remember that we all will blame YOU for the crap that we will have to deal with later. Get that bike out of your basement and go ride somewhere.......

I don't get it. Did someone get blamed for all the sub forum categories in the Forum Index?, and what "crap" did you or anyone else have to deal with?

Every forum that is well out of its infancy, has a separate sub forum for whatever is being discussed. Can you see how many subforums there are for each separate snowmobile manufacturer here?

Yeti, Camso and Timbersled each have enough threads/posts/owners to justify the split and the numbers are only growing and going to grow.

What's the big deal?

mikew5945

Lifetime Membership
Aug 30, 2009
SW Montana
I don't get it. Did someone get blamed for all the sub forum categories in the Forum Index?, and what "crap" did you or anyone else have to deal with?

Every forum that is well out of its infancy, has a separate sub forum for whatever is being discussed. Can you see how many subforums there are for each separate snowmobile manufacturer here?

Yeti, Camso and Timbersled each have enough threads/posts/owners to justify the split and the numbers are only growing and going to grow.

What's the big deal?
The search doesn't work real great on here. You want sub forms. Lets do it.... We need each Kit to have its own. Why stop there. I don't care about your Bata. Now we need each bike to have its own. Now I don't want to read about your bike with your kit I want only my bike with my kit. Oh crap, now we need each cc.. I don't care about the 300's just mine. It is so much nicer to see N16HT5's picture post and not have to crawl around sub forms to find it. It also has other brands rather then just what he rides. If I ride an Arctic Cat I wont be looking at the problems of the Ski Doo. Some one may have a problem that I can fix but we will never get together cause I don't have the time in my day to look through all the sites. Leave it alone!
Put your computer down and go ride. Just saying.

Last edited:
B
The search doesn't work real great on here. You want sub forms. Lets do it.... We need each Kit to have its own. Why stop there. I don't care about your Bata. Now we need each bike to have its own. Now I don't want to read about your bike with your kit I want only my bike with my kit. Oh crap, now we need each cc.. I don't care about the 300's just mine. It is so much nicer to see N16HT5's picture post and not have to crawl around sub forms to find it. It also has other brands rather then just what he rides. If I ride an Arctic Cat I wont be looking at the problems of the Ski Doo. Some one may have a problem that I can fix but we will never get together cause I don't have the time in my day to look through all the sites. Leave it alone!
Put your computer down and go ride. Just saying.

Easy there big fella'. It's just an idea.

Last edited:
M
Oct 12, 2017
Toronto
Ben,

You and I have the same kit (which I will finish installing two of this week). However, my son and I have two KTM 300s whereas you have a Beta 4T. I have enjoyed most of your posts and your questions put out to ALL others. The replies have been very helpful and some even entertaining.

IMO if the forum becomes too narrowed down, I would likely miss other more general related issues like storage solutions, carb and fork remedies and just general sharing of valuable knowledge which become apparent by virtue of the post title alone...pretty easy to filter through so far.

Perhaps when the SB population gets bigger your idea would work - as long as you keep riding the same kit. Keep posting but ride too.:face-icon-small-hap

C
Nov 21, 2017
Agreed, until it gets to the point where this forum gets overwhelmed by new threads daily I’d rather not see it divided up into subforums. A lot of the info posted crosses over to other bikes/kits universally and it’s much better to see it all in one place rather than having to click on 5 or 6 different forums, which will all seem like ghost towns.

One day it may be neccessary but I hope it doesn’t happen sooner than it has to.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Agreed, until it gets to the point where this forum gets overwhelmed by new threads daily I’d rather not see it divided up into subforums. A lot of the info posted crosses over to other bikes/kits universally and it’s much better to see it all in one place rather than having to click on 5 or 6 different forums, which will all seem like ghost towns.

One day it may be neccessary but I hope it doesn’t happen sooner than it has to.
To be honest, I do not see the Sub-Forums coming this season for exactly that reason...

Premium Features