• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

LOT OF TRACK VS WHITE CEMENT

CATSLEDMAN1

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Missoula, Montana
Last couple of weeks in my part of Western Montana we have had fresh wet sticky power robbing no steering new snow. Not the friendly Korn snow, no the stuff that sucks your boots off when you walk in it.

In that stuff my 144 x 2.5 track has 108% hookup, no steer ski sticking skag freezing snow with a pushing like crazy track.

121 " x 1.5 would have been good..... or at least better. So for the short track guys, there's one fur ya, long was no good..........sucked.

down the face shoofly 2 9 15.jpg

mrquick68

Lifetime Membership
Dec 20, 2004
Kirkland, WA
in other news.... at least you have snow.

But i agree, in that type of snow and in spring, the ST seems more fun. I was not having a ball when we had a 3ft dump of that super sticky stuff earlier this winter. Got stuck about 12 times in one day. No fun!

M
Jan 26, 2012
Lolo, MT
Hey Cat,
Glad to know I'm not the only one getting pushed around by the LT in this slop. Should be bullet proof by sunday with a skiff of fresh, ie dust on crust... but at least HWY 12 is open now. It was 51 degrees up there today uuggghhh.
ahh thats gold creek, not Lolo... was thinking of going there sunday with my sledhead buddies but i'm scared of breaking a hip on the road in... how is it? blue ice?

Last edited:

CATSLEDMAN1

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Missoula, Montana
Hey Cat,
Glad to know I'm not the only one getting pushed around by the LT in this slop. Should be bullet proof by sunday with a skiff of fresh, ie dust on crust... but at least HWY 12 is open now. It was 51 degrees up there today uuggghhh.
ahh thats gold creek, not Lolo... was thinking of going there sunday with my sledhead buddies but i'm scared of breaking a hip on the road in... how is it? blue ice?

we try to ride no trail from the truck, tough this year. Last couple of weeks the road/trail going in was mush down low, not tooo intense, but tough crust breaking as soon as we were in the trees headed up to dri snow. Haven't flipped the coin on tomarrow yet, if it is snowy cold we may venture out.

Premium Features