• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

pro-taper bars on wedge

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
They are a CRF50 (Honda) handlebar with the provision for a grab strap.

RSI Racing has them available in 5" and 7" rise

AB-5-B.jpg

MTN-BAR-ON-AB-5.jpg

Last edited:

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
go with RSI bars...you can add the mountain bar later if you decide..if you get the pro tapers (like i have now) say from ebay...search under crf50 or xr50, you wont be able to mount the grab bar too them..

plus wade (RSI) has the bars in different riser options like MH stated...and they are the same price...

GO RSI!

C

classic-indy

Dec 4, 2009
Vancouver, BC. Canada
I just picked up a set of RSI bars. I went with the cromoly bars with 8" of rise, along with the billet throttle block. They look and feel great, only thing is that there is not much room on the bars for my hand guards with everything else on there. Having said that I've got all the switches on the bars, including headlight, kill switch and I also moved the hand warmers up. As a result if I install the hand guards, I'm going to have to mod them alittle. .... Which is annoying since they are new!

S

SpencerA

Mar 30, 2010
Portland Oregon
So I'm curious what needs to be modified on a stock sled when you add risers? I assume brake line, throttle, etc...? Where do they sell these upgrades?

S

SpencerA

Mar 30, 2010
Portland Oregon
I'm going to get these bars for my 97 XLT. I noticed they come in a 5" and 7" size, does anyone know is that the actual rise form the bottom top to bottom? I'm trying to figure out how much of a riser I need with these bars in the 5" model. How much actual rise do most of you guys ride with? I was thinking of getting a 3" riser along with these bars...too little too much? Your ideas would help me out.

Premium Features