• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

AHH the 900! Dirty Injectors? Fuel tank/sender?

Gmiller

Lifetime Membership
Feb 27, 2009
Breckenridge Colorado
Hey

I've finally got some time on the 900, rebuilt top end with less than 200 miles on it. I've been battling a lean conditon, which got a little better with a new fuel filter. I have a pewter/browish almost yellowish tan color,(Is that ok?) Im wondering if plugged injectors cause a lean condition? Also my fuel guage always reads full so im wondering if somethings going on in the fuel tank/sender? I am getting 50 PSI on fuel rail. Running an SLP air box and my idle has been acting a little funny, sometimes not idling down right away. TPS is set as of today with no dead spots.

Thanks for the help
Grant

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
You should be running 4 bar (58 psi)...

You would be running lean if you only have 50 psi...plus it wouldn't be atomizing the fuel well.

How confident are you in your test?

When was your last fuel filter???

Sounds like your fuel sender is faulty too.

BTW... 2006 RMK's run 8-bar (116 psi).... so those reading this...don't get the two years confused.

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
I've never seen a fuel pressure regulator go bad.... but anything is possible

KIT, PRESSURE REGULATOR, 4 BAR, (2877699) $85.69 #4 in the diagram

SNOW%5CFUELPUMP%5CKITS.gif

Gmiller

Lifetime Membership
Feb 27, 2009
Breckenridge Colorado
You should be running 4 bar (58 psi)...

You would be running lean if you only have 50 psi...plus it wouldn't be atomizing the fuel well.

How confident are you in your test?

When was your last fuel filter???

Sounds like your fuel sender is faulty too.

BTW... 2006 RMK's run 8-bar (116 psi).... so those reading this...don't get the two years confused.

Im very confident in the TPS testing i did, i've done it in the past and i retest with new batteries and new 5volt reg. every time, i make sure its all to spec and go for it, its always ran flawless afterwards. Reverse still works and the sled runs Perfect, just taking a little long for the idle down. I changed the fuel filter when i redid the top end, then i changed it again last month. The sled has 1300 miles. I heard you cannot buy the internal components in the fuel tank, is that correct??

Thanks Mtn Horse

Grant

S
Jan 14, 2010
Im very confident in the TPS testing i did, i've done it in the past and i retest with new batteries and new 5volt reg. every time, i make sure its all to spec and go for it, its always ran flawless afterwards. Reverse still works and the sled runs Perfect, just taking a little long for the idle down. I changed the fuel filter when i redid the top end, then i changed it again last month. The sled has 1300 miles. I heard you cannot buy the internal components in the fuel tank, is that correct??

Thanks Mtn Horse

Grant
YOU can by each piece in the tank but you buy it in kit form it's called a tank fuel line kit I just put one in my sled it's like 160.00 I had to the fuel lines fall apart in my tank and it caused it to not run

Premium Features