• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Do you need a fuel controller with a slp exaust system?

R

rfield

Nov 27, 2007
I have a 2009 M8 HCR and just put a full slp exaust system with a slp air intake , do I need a fuel controller to run this system ? I am running from 0-2500 ft and also have xxx mod side vents, i've read some people say you do need a controller and some say you dont.. I wanted the sled to run optimal so I bought an PC5 from someone on here but it never showed up first or last so i need to know if I need to order another one or not.. Please help..

AaronBND

Lifetime Membership
Nov 12, 2005
Cascade Mnts, OR.
Absolutely! I would not run it without one at your altitude. Did the person you bought it from on here screw you or is it still in the works? If so, we need to know who it was.

Aaron

R

rfield

Nov 27, 2007
I sent him another message tonight so I give him the benefit of the doubt but its been over a couple of months, sent payment on oct 15 so im getting kinda pissed , i will call it out if I dont get a response .. Thanks for the response ..

A

aktreekiller

Dec 16, 2008
Anchorage, Ak
hey

I'v been running a bdx intake and full slp kit on my 09 hcr with no problems at all. I'v been running for 1500 miles. I bet a controller would help dial it in, but not necessary. Tim

av8er

Lifetime Membership
Sep 16, 2006
Kalispell, MT.
the minute you put on an aftermarket y-pipe

you need a fuel controller below 6000 feet msl, or you risk a lean meltdown

T

troyburt

Mar 29, 2010
Newfoundland
been running mine over 2000 kms with no controller and it runs awesome. plugs are black after checking at all different rpm's.

i'm running on the ocean a lot up to a max of 2671'!

no need for a fuel controller in my mind

Rixster

Premium Member
Oct 20, 2005
Springville, UT
If yo unplug the ethanol wire it will richen the mixture up to 2%. That may be enough to take care of it.

Premium Features