• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

New Primary??

dunatyk

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Free agent or Racinstation can rebuilf yours

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID
I happen to be a fan of CountryCat. Not sure who on here sells new Cat parts, I know there are some that people really like. CC had the cheapest new ones on Ebay when I was looking last spring/summer. They also sold me a Super Q for right at $209 shipped, everytone else is $250.

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
Sorry, I can't post the price. But I can tell u that I have not seen any cheaper :). PM racinstation if u need one.

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
Nope! Its Just like when stores have sale prices that r too low to advertise. Posting on the forum could/will ruffle some feathers of other dealers that cannot/willnot sell for less than a set price. If u shop on amazon, its like the "click here to see price". Freeagent might be cheaper I didn't check. I liked the price from racingstation so I didn't look any further. I know what my local dealer wanted and what other dealers list there's for.

Stack

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Midwest
Troy @ RVsports in Thief River Falls has some pretty good deals as well. I picked up a new complete primary with Weights and Spring along with a complete secondary for the Wife's M6. Troy was great to deal with and buying these complete saved me time!

I have also had good luck with parts from Michelle

Stack

Team Pigeon

Lifetime Membership
Jan 9, 2006
Pass Creek, BC.
Ya I just bought a primary for my m1000 from Freeagent. the usual no BS here's my price service! Love it!

I guess my new clutch is made in 2011. I didn't even have to change the belt to sheave gap.... I had to double check my double check. First time it's ever been done right from the factory, I almost fell over.

Another thing I noticed is the spring cup on the spider---- the edges that roll into the cup itself seem smoother and wider overall. We'll see if the spring binds in there.

Remember that it also doesn't come with weights, a spring or pins, but it will have 6 cover bolts. It's a good idea to buy a new weight pin kit.

Coldfinger

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Nebraska
Do these clutches come with that metal ring on backside (motor side) that is affixed by 6 or so screws?

If using the ring from the OEM clutch, I've seen another thread which suggests a clutch re-balance is needed. Thoughts?

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
R u talking about a starter ring gear? M's don't get those.

Do these clutches come with that metal ring on backside (motor side) that is affixed by 6 or so screws?

If using the ring from the OEM clutch, I've seen another thread which suggests a clutch re-balance is needed. Thoughts?

mt st helens

Premium Member
Nov 28, 2007
vancouver, wa

I had the same question last week. I was told that the stock clutch was balanced at factory with the ring on. The new clutch comes without the ring but balanced so do not put the ring back on.

I

ItDoAble

Aug 30, 2006
Loveland, CO
CountryCat quoted me the best price I could find on OEM a few weeks ago, and shipped same day. First time I used them and was pleased.

Coldfinger

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Nebraska
It isn't a starter ring. I transferred it to the backside of the new clutch.

The new clutch I got had the screw holes for the ring so I assumed since you can't buy the ring separate it was meant to be transferred to the new clutch.

Since the ring is not a complicated design I assume the balance of the ring would be near perfect anyhow. I used the approx same amount of threadlock on each screw.

Without the ring, I think the engine may not have as much torque, but not sure.

?

Premium Features