• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2012 M1100 "General Lee" Build

S
Apr 11, 2011
Hi all, after putting a break-in of 76miles on my new cat i was ready to tackle the idea of upgrading the turbo on my sled which had been my plan for some time. So i spent several of my days off tearing it down and building it back up. Started off bu upgrading the track to a 2.5 Camo, then put my General Lee Wrap on the sled. I then tore apart the front end and removed the stock turbo and put on the 2871 Garrett. The only thing that we didn'f fab on this unit was the header which is from the older Z1 turbo kit from boondocker. otherthan that we have a 2.5inch straighpipe exhaust, boost smart blow off valve, manual boost controller, 2 added fuel injectors into the charge tube controlled by Boost-it box, air fuel ratio gauge, boost gauge, and other stuff. Only rode it around the yard so far as im back working to pay for all this lol. We rode it in the yard at 13lbs and it ripped!! Plan to get it to Revy on Christmas day and do some more tuning. After riding this one stock, and the Z1 turbo last year with the Hijacker and stock turbo, this sled hauls A$$, cant wait to get it out there and let er buck!! Hope you enjoy. Will post more pics and video after xmas!! Special thanks to WKM, HTR for the wrap and Boost-it for all the help with the Build!!!

chaincase2.jpg front end1.jpg IMG-20111130-00130.jpg IMG-20111210-00153.jpg IMG-20111210-00157.jpg IMG-20111211-00162.jpg IMG-20111211-00165.jpg Edmonton-20111127-00118.jpg chaincase 2.jpg IMG-20111211-00164.jpg IMG-20111209-00151.jpg IMG-20111211-00163.jpg track swap.jpg chaincase.jpg

T

Turbo11T

Nov 26, 2007
Lake Crystal, MN
Looks awesome. . . COuple questions though.. . . I would think it would be better to allow the stock computer to add fuel by either using a custom map or a hyjacker over the boost it system. I think the boost it is awesome but It seems as you may be fighting the stock system? Either way. . . interested in the Rider forward post can you post some more pics of that! The number one reason I am afraid of doing it is because I want to use my goggle bag. I am thinking of building a Steering post that is vertical the is in the stock location but uses a bearing block and a universal joint. . . BDX has one for the nytro. I am afraid to cut into my new sled though.

S
Apr 11, 2011
Looks awesome. . . COuple questions though.. . . I would think it would be better to allow the stock computer to add fuel by either using a custom map or a hyjacker over the boost it system. I think the boost it is awesome but It seems as you may be fighting the stock system? Either way. . . interested in the Rider forward post can you post some more pics of that! The number one reason I am afraid of doing it is because I want to use my goggle bag. I am thinking of building a Steering post that is vertical the is in the stock location but uses a bearing block and a universal joint. . . BDX has one for the nytro. I am afraid to cut into my new sled though.

What we found this far is the stock system is adding fuel on its own and we are adding very little with the boost-it box. We still have more testing to do mind you but thus far appears to be working well. The post forward block does mean no more goggle bag unless you can make something else work.

B

badass1000

Nov 27, 2007
Meridian, ID
what size are the stock injectors? any one have any idea how much hp the stock injectors can supply with a remaped stock ecu?

H

HOOCH256

Jan 5, 2008
Kalispell, MT
You owe me a new keyboard from all the drool! Very sexy sled

Sent from my super duper sweet iPhone using Tapatalk when I should be doing something productive!

J

jbunce

Dec 12, 2010
squamish BC
how does your steering post mod work? i was looking at doing the same thing last week just wasn't sure about the pivot point on the bottom.

S
Apr 11, 2011
Thanks guys......Yes it has the Dixie Horn, i didnt think it would a General Lee without lol Im not sure what the stock injectors sizes are or what they are capable of. I havent been able to mountain test the post-forward but in riding it around the yard i found it to be significantly more user friendly, will update more after xmas!!

T

Turbo11T

Nov 26, 2007
Lake Crystal, MN
Thanks guys......Yes it has the Dixie Horn, i didnt think it would a General Lee without lol Im not sure what the stock injectors sizes are or what they are capable of. I havent been able to mountain test the post-forward but in riding it around the yard i found it to be significantly more user friendly, will update more after xmas!!

My biggest concern about the steering forward is cutting my hood cowl area out to clear it. . . Can you post a detailed pic of this area after putting the hood back on?

J

jbunce

Dec 12, 2010
squamish BC
How much boost are you seeing?
on my stock turbo im seeing 20Psi on the gauge i got which seems like way to much since i thought it was only supposed to be at 13...

d1100t

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2011
Saskatchewan Canada
New bigger turbo.

Very nice job!!!!!!!!!!!

How much power are you expecting to make out of the bigger turbo?

Does it have more or less lag than the factory turbo?

S
Apr 11, 2011
i had mine running only at around 14lbs boost, I will be turning it up to 18lbs, just haven't quite had enough time on the hill to play with it as much as id like. Only got a half day in on it in Revy on tuesday. Power wise depends on where i set the boost i guess. Im not gunna say "350hp" because it wont be so once it's tuned and going and i can try and compare to a similar Nytro with a 280kit then we can see. I know the motors are capable of well over 350hp buth thats full race applications at sea level, not mountain riding at 6000ft. On the stock system they try to run 11-13lbs, you will likely see spikes higher but you wont be carrying that. My Z1 at elevation with the hijacker would read a constant boost of around 16.5lbs with peak boost at 24.5lbs, not really represenative IMO

Cheers

d1100t

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2011
Saskatchewan Canada
Update please

How did everything turn out with your sled?
Did you get to compare it to anything that is suppose to be 300 HP?

Premium Features