• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Spit'n in the wind

Z-Man

Premium Member
Dec 23, 2007
Can't say for sure if the pipe is worth it. I have been running the stock pipe with a cpi can for a while. I have the CPI pipe but I have to get it coated because it melts stuff under the hood. Just the CPI can makes a huge difference. Can't tell to much between the pipes. I know Mike from fabcraft just pulled the covers off the stock pipe and had it ceramic coated and got a CPI Can on his personal sled. I think I would put the money to use for other mods unless you just have alot of cash laying around that you need to spend. If that's the case I will send you my address and you can send it to me...lol

Z-Man

Premium Member
Dec 23, 2007
All you save is weight but the sound is way nicer. Dont forget to double spring it.

I disagree, there is a noticeable difference in responsiveness on on mine over stock with just the can and even a noticeable difference between the SLP and the CPI, but yes the CPI is Loud as hell.

M

miller tools

Jan 19, 2009
boyden iowa
pipe

the pipe will make a diff the stock intake flows ok just make sure the air box has all air baffles out of it take it apart you will see take that crap out. its your sled do what you wish

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
the pipe makes a HUGE difference no matter what...do that for sure..

if you cant get a FNI intake, make your own like Biggdawg did (look as his 975 build thread) or at least gut the stock intake to make it flow better....

but either way, your NOT wasting your time...

Premium Features