• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Ran jaws twins today

S

superfast

Nov 26, 2007
Billings Montana
I was in cookecity for the day just installed the jaws twins dialed them in with an o2 sensor on the trail down low got to the top and was running rich. I suspect this is because there was more load on the motor up top in the deeper snow. Couple clicks on the attitude box and she was ripping. But I have this small problem with the clutching I am only running 7500 and should be at 7800-7900 running 68gr blue slp in primary and ovs with speedworks blue how do I get the rpms up to 7800-7900 without dropping to much weight it really feels like it wants to rip

harf69

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
How was tuning with the o2 easier than using egt's

S

superfast

Nov 26, 2007
Billings Montana
We dialed in four sleds in roughly one hour if everyone had a o2 sensor we would have been done in 15 minuets easy to tune with but the twins were a little finikie not to bad though

M
Oct 1, 2001
Belgrade, MT
I was in cookecity for the day just installed the jaws twins dialed them in with an o2 sensor on the trail down low got to the top and was running rich. I suspect this is because there was more load on the motor up top in the deeper snow. Couple clicks on the attitude box and she was ripping. But I have this small problem with the clutching I am only running 7500 and should be at 7800-7900 running 68gr blue slp in primary and ovs with speedworks blue how do I get the rpms up to 7800-7900 without dropping to much weight it really feels like it wants to rip

sounds like you really didn't get it dialed in then?

S

superfast

Nov 26, 2007
Billings Montana
sounds like you really didn't get it dialed in then?

I think the motor is dialed in it feels very crisp and no bogs i was not talking about the clutching being dialed in. I was asking if there is a dyno chart because if the pipes are making the same horsepower as stock at a certain rpm then with my clutching the motor will not pull over it. kind of like the slp twins that make the exact same horsepower as stock at 6800 rpms so you have to change weights to get past that rpm.

RACINSTATION

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2003
Idaho
On the M7 or M8 Jaws twins, run them 7900-8000. They don't like tight heads or lower r's.

S

superfast

Nov 26, 2007
Billings Montana
According to the guys at boondoker you make your best power at 13.5 to 1

Racinstation why do they not like a tight head and what will they do if there is a tight head on the sled i thought that twins would make the head work even better

G
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB
When I was looking at a set of twins to go with my RKT head, I talked to Greg at Jaws, and he told me he thought the twins might even loose power with the head. I know Kelsey at RKT is a fan of the SLP twins with his head AND porting. From the sounds of it the porting really makes the twins work.

S

superfast

Nov 26, 2007
Billings Montana
Well the sled does not feel as if it lost any power but it is being a pain to keep dialed in change the box a little runs like a striped a@#$ ape for a few climbs then wants to start to bog again. It always seems to bog on top too do not know if too lean or too rich cause every adjustment made seems to make it work better for a few runs very wierd. The bottom half of the fuel curv feels very crisp and powerfull so I do not know.

R

RKT

Jul 19, 2001
Preston, Idaho
www.2strokeheads.com
It has nothing to do with "tight" heads.. It has everthing to do with keeping the pipes hot! Greg's pipes require a lot of heat in the pipe in order to keep the pipes very hot. When they have the proper heat, they seem to work well...When you have an engine that has a very inefficient combustion process (likea stock head) then you transfer a lot of heat to the pipe. When you have a head that is very efficient ie. keeps the heat in the cylinder to push on the crank train, you tranfer less heat to the pipe since that wasted energy is now being used to push on the crank and add power via "work"
so, tightness has nothing to do with any of it.. high efficiency heads do....

Kelsey

S
Nov 26, 2007
Cochrane, Alberta
NO, That will not work either... Header wrapping the pipes will help out and may fix your issues.. Coating your pipes will do nothing..

You may need to retard the timing a tad to put moreheat in the pipes...

I have Jaws twins as well and you say that wrapping the pipes will help keep them hot, I was wanting to wrap mine to keep heat in the pipes and reduce the melting issue with these pipes but was not sure how this would affect performance.

Premium Features