• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Yamaha 600 mm smart carb trouble

I have a 98 600 mm with smart carbs and need some help. When I run it up to to high rpms and let off on the throttle and pin it again it falls on it's face. I've jetted it, cleaned the carbs. Any ideas?

G

geno

Nov 26, 2007
I know a little bit about that system. Used to have one also. Are you using the smart carb feature as advertised? I ask because you said you jetted it. Normally no jetting required.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

shortman

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
newport nebraska
?

If Your jetting this smart carb u shouldnt be if its all hooked up. I've had two of these sleds and one delt me fits the other ran fine the first thing i found wrong was the bolts were coming loose in the crankcase halves. I forget exactly how many sensors there are, believe there are 7 or 8 total 4 in the carbs and the rest are up around the are box i finally replaced all the sensors to fix the way it was running sometimes it would smell rich cause it wouldnt lean out then at times it ran like what ur describing. the main jet should be #160

roughrider99

Lifetime Membership
Jan 9, 2008
Fernie,BC
Those smart carbs cost me 2 engines, wouldn't compensate fully didn't know they were till I was on wot pulls and it was too late, swapped to lectron carbs and enjoyed the machine till it was sold

Premium Features