• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Revelstoke 900 Ride - March 3,4,5 2011 PART 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

94fordguy

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Yakima, Wa.
Continued from DiscoDan's thread for everyone.....

http://www.snowestonline.com/forum/showthread.php?t=220340

Posts 71-75 from that thread

So I suppose we better continue the planning details.

Whats the plan for lodging? Would someone relatively familiar with the area care to volunteer to take the planning shoes?

We need to finalize a lodge or motel to plan for, etc...

Suggestions, Volunteers?

With event dates of the 3rd,4th,5th, I think we will need to plan for having folks arrive there on the afternoon/night of Wed the 2nd, and leaving Sunday Morning the 6th.

TTT

Anyone want to co-ordinate or should we all plan to book lodging individually?

Ive never been there, otherwise I'd probably volunteer.

I guess a big decision would be if we want to try and get in at Glacier Lodge as a group, or just grab hotel rooms in town.
I'm fine either way, Glacier Lodge sure sounds nice, but at about $70 a head it's a bit more expensive.

Maybe if some of you guys planning to make this trip could chime in and voice your opinion on lodging options then we can sort out the details. It would be nice either way to make reservations early.

I know Glacier House was mentioned as you don't have to trailer, and I have stayed there before. Nice looking place, convenient bar (pub) in the basement, but SPENDY. Better for a party group as you can reserve your own cabin within walking distance of the main lodge. I have read a few bad reviews although our stay was perfectly fine, no complaints. Parking was kinda tight though, but not a huge issue as you don't have to trailer to the trail head.

The last time I was to Revy for Mountain Mania 3 last year we stayed at the DAYS INN just across the bridge in town, literally 3 minutes from the Boulder Mountain snow-park, and a very new building with a nicely accessible parking lot for lots of 4-place trailers to fit with EASE. Rates were VERY reasonable if I remember correctly.

There are a couple restaurants within walking/stumbling distance as well.
Zala's - pizza & italin style food/bar if I remember correctly, right next door
Dennys - it's Dennys, lol, about 2 blocks away
There's also a Shell station for fresh fuel close by also.

yeh man sad to say but i hav enever been there either..no one to go there with :(

i would be more then willing to help run the deal but i cannot 100% garuantee me going till the weke before...i am off that sun-mon-tues anyways, but the airforce owns my A$$ so they can make other plans for me at the last minute if they wanted to. ya dig!

but if it was me...i am there to sled...drink, eat...so i could care less if i slept in some strangers house (on my back of coarse), it can be the biggest dump and i would be happy...i would rather spend money on sled parts and beer then where i sleep and eat. ;)

hope that helps, lol

Last edited:

Z-Man

Premium Member
Dec 23, 2007
unfortunately I am right there with Sean and won't know for sure if I can go till just a couple weeks before which really sucks for planning lodging.

94fordguy

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Yakima, Wa.
TTT...

So how many people are considering the trip to Revy... Myself and my Buddy Sleddude are 100% going... :D:D:D

Who else can we expect to meet up with?

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
well i am 100% as well, i just put this in the leave schedule for next year...i get 2 picks first go around and this was #1...and then Christmas 2011, LOL...

so i am there as well. i am off from Feb 27th to march 7 for sure...so i have time before and after to fix stuff i break...HAHA...

just need to work on the passport beginning of Jan ;)

94fordguy

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Yakima, Wa.
well i am 100% as well, i just put this in the leave schedule for next year...i get 2 picks first go around and this was #1...and then Christmas 2011, LOL...

so i am there as well. i am off from Feb 27th to march 7 for sure...so i have time before and after to fix stuff i break...HAHA...

just need to work on the passport beginning of Jan ;)

You better not put it off too long, better to get it done early incase they get delayed.... I think mine took about 5 weeks when I got it 2 years ago.

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
I'll be coming barring any big problems...:face-icon-small-dis

Revy is great that time of year and it will be good to see old friends and meet new ones.

IMO... Work hard for things like this... these are the kind of things that make you smile for a long time after you return.

Last edited:

94fordguy

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Yakima, Wa.
can over weight, slow yamaha's come?

No objection here, lol.... Our sleds aren't exactly 'lightweights' themselves, lol....

TTT...

At this point I am thinking unless someone is interested in planning a big song and dance, it may be best to just book our own accomodations and plan to have the good times on the hill and less formal evenings.... maybe worry about possible plans as we get closer....

Unless someone wants to volunteer to co-ordinate lodging, I am thinking I will be booking our own room at the Days Inn in town. Another buddy of mine and I stayed there last year and were very happy with the new and clean building, ample parking and the cheap rates. Only a 5 minute drive from the Boulder Snow-park.

So who else is considering coming?

94fordguy

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Yakima, Wa.
TTT...

At this point I am thinking unless someone is interested in planning a big song and dance, it may be best to just book our own accomodations and plan to have the good times on the hill and less formal evenings.... maybe worry about possible plans as we get closer....

Unless someone wants to volunteer to co-ordinate lodging, I am thinking I will be booking our own room at the Days Inn in town. Another buddy of mine and I stayed there last year and were very happy with the new and clean building, ample parking and the cheap rates. Only a 5 minute drive from the Boulder Snow-park.

So who else is considering coming?

Just over 2 months to go! Getting closer by the day:D:D

If anyone has any input for special things to do while we're there, post them up. I'm not very good at planning social gatherings. parties, etc but if anyone has thoughts then lets hear them... :face-icon-small-hap

D

Danbot

Nov 29, 2007
Alberta, Canada

If anyone has any input for special things to do while we're there, post them up. I'm not very good at planning social gatherings. parties, etc but if anyone has thoughts then lets hear them... :face-icon-small-hap

Agenda:

-poach Revy pow on 900's:face-icon-small-hap

-watch Sean do some impromptu logging of the Revy forest:face-icon-small-dis

-watch resulting helmet cam footage. (yes Sean I am going to follow you around the mountain waiting):clap2:

This trip seemed so far away, but it's sneaking up on us. I can't wait.

94fordguy

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Yakima, Wa.
Agenda:

-poach Revy pow on 900's:face-icon-small-hap

-watch Sean do some impromptu logging of the Revy forest:face-icon-small-dis

-watch resulting helmet cam footage. (yes Sean I am going to follow you around the mountain waiting):clap2:

This trip seemed so far away, but it's sneaking up on us. I can't wait.

Maybe I better pick up a spare battery pack or 2 for the go pro and a few extra memory cards:D:D

Actually that reminds me, I need to pick up a wall-charger for it too:eek:

J

johnny be bad

Nov 26, 2007
in the getto

i'll bring the strippers.

SnoDmon

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Lewistown, MT
Who knows if I'll be coming back to Montana that soon but I was planning a Revy ride when I came through! :devil:

94fordguy

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Yakima, Wa.
Everyone is welcome for sure, looking like it's gonna be a smaller group so that will be easy to keep track of everyone on the hill.

I'm gonna be calling to book mine and Sleddude's lodging soon as we are only about a month and a half away now.

Now that we're getting close, it would be nice to get a better head-count on how many are considering coming up for this, if you're still planning on coming then post up!:face-icon-small-hap

600xc4me

May 21, 2008
La Crete Alberta
Sean is trying to talk me into it. Not running an normal 900 per say, but it is called a 900 engine? lol Is it 900's only? Or can I bring M8's with me? No way I can come by myself. I don't really have any buddies with 900's. One other BB, and MAYBE an 05. But I don't really know the guy so not sure if he would want to come. So. Who's all welcome? :)

D

Danbot

Nov 29, 2007
Alberta, Canada
Sean is trying to talk me into it. Not running an normal 900 per say, but it is called a 900 engine? lol Is it 900's only? Or can I bring M8's with me? No way I can come by myself. I don't really have any buddies with 900's. One other BB, and MAYBE an 05. But I don't really know the guy so not sure if he would want to come. So. Who's all welcome? :)

Non-900's are more than welcome to come! but you have to let us try your IQR lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Premium Features