• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Revelstoke 900 Ride - March 3,4,5 2011

How many days would you like to spend sledding AND what days do you prefer?

• Sled on Wednesday

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sled on Thursday

• Sled on Friday

• Sled on Saturday

• 2 days for sledding

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

94fordguy

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Yakima, Wa.
Sounds good to me! Thanks for taking the reigns on this one Seth

haha, no problem Dan, super easy to set up/edit in polls and such. I just want to make sure that if this is gonna happen that it keeps moving along.

Once we get the dates figured out, then someone will need to take up the planning for accomodations, etc.... Hopefully someone more familiar with the area:beer;

Depending on what dates are chosen, I might not even be able to make it...we'll see.

94fordguy

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Yakima, Wa.
Well our days are picked.... looks like we should be planning for a 3 day trip with riding days on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday.

I will now reset the poll and we can now vote on which weekend we would like it to be held on. As many of the comments seemed to favor the month of March, I will post a poll accordingly with possible March dates and leave it open for 2 weeks.

Here is proof of the previous poll.

900ridepoll.jpg

94fordguy

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Yakima, Wa.
Ok, apparently it is not possible to edit a poll and make it so everyone can vote again. In that case I have opened a new poll in a new thread and linked it below.

Dates Poll for Revy 900 ride 2011

Please do not post in that thread, let's keep all discussion contained in THIS thread

The poll is set to automatically close on Saturday October 23rd.

Last edited:
S

ss_badaz

Dec 6, 2007
B.C."The Koots"
Hay guys! Well I made her back over good to see this post Revy's is a short drive for me and March is an awsome time to hit the mountain! Count me in The 900 will be ready to Rip.

D

Danbot

Nov 29, 2007
Alberta, Canada
I know it seems far away guys, but get your votes in on the date poll for this trip so you have a say. Lets make it happen!

94fordguy

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Yakima, Wa.
Poll closes in roughly 36 hours... get the votes in guys:clock:

Trying to get the dates figured soon so there is plenty of time for guys to book vacation time.

94fordguy

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Yakima, Wa.
Well with an underwhelming turn out of 7 votes... the first weekend of March gets it.

Unless you want to re-open it to see if we can at least hit 10 votes it looks like we are all picked.

Revelstoke 900 Ride - March 3rd, 4th, 5th, 2011

Last edited:

94fordguy

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Yakima, Wa.
So I suppose we better continue the planning details.

Whats the plan for lodging? Would someone relatively familiar with the area care to volunteer to take the planning shoes?

We need to finalize a lodge or motel to plan for, etc...

Suggestions, Volunteers?

With event dates of the 3rd,4th,5th, I think we will need to plan for having folks arrive there on the afternoon/night of Wed the 2nd, and leaving Sunday Morning the 6th.

94fordguy

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Yakima, Wa.
Getting closer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So I suppose we better continue the planning details.

Whats the plan for lodging? Would someone relatively familiar with the area care to volunteer to take the planning shoes?

We need to finalize a lodge or motel to plan for, etc...

Suggestions, Volunteers?

With event dates of the 3rd,4th,5th, I think we will need to plan for having folks arrive there on the afternoon/night of Wed the 2nd, and leaving Sunday Morning the 6th.

TTT

Anyone want to co-ordinate or should we all plan to book lodging individually?

D

Danbot

Nov 29, 2007
Alberta, Canada
Ive never been there, otherwise I'd probably volunteer.

I guess a big decision would be if we want to try and get in at Glacier Lodge as a group, or just grab hotel rooms in town.
I'm fine either way, Glacier Lodge sure sounds nice, but at about $70 a head it's a bit more expensive.

Maybe if some of you guys planning to make this trip could chime in and voice your opinion on lodging options then we can sort out the details. It would be nice either way to make reservations early.

94fordguy

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Yakima, Wa.
I know Glacier House was mentioned as you don't have to trailer, and I have stayed there before. Nice looking place, convenient bar (pub) in the basement, but SPENDY. Better for a party group as you can reserve your own cabin within walking distance of the main lodge. I have read a few bad reviews although our stay was perfectly fine, no complaints. Parking was kinda tight though, but not a huge issue as you don't have to trailer to the trail head.

The last time I was to Revy for Mountain Mania 3 last year we stayed at the DAYS INN just across the bridge in town, literally 3 minutes from the Boulder Mountain snow-park, and a very new building with a nicely accessible parking lot for lots of 4-place trailers to fit with EASE. Rates were VERY reasonable if I remember correctly.

There are a couple restaurants within walking/stumbling distance as well.
Zala's - pizza & italin style food/bar if I remember correctly, right next door
Dennys - it's Dennys, lol, about 2 blocks away
There's also a Shell station for fresh fuel close by also.

Last edited:

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
yeh man sad to say but i hav enever been there either..no one to go there with :(

i would be more then willing to help run the deal but i cannot 100% garuantee me going till the weke before...i am off that sun-mon-tues anyways, but the airforce owns my A$$ so they can make other plans for me at the last minute if they wanted to. ya dig!

but if it was me...i am there to sled...drink, eat...so i could care less if i slept in some strangers house (on my back of coarse), it can be the biggest dump and i would be happy...i would rather spend money on sled parts and beer then where i sleep and eat. ;)

hope that helps, lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Premium Features