• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Broken Intake Boot Bolt!!!

J

jafraune

Dec 13, 2007
wyoming
painful project. Sorry to dude.

Yeah one little bolt can screw up a lot....but on the plus side we found that a motor mount was toast...

when i worked in a machine shop we had some stuff from a company called goodson
was a wax stick that looked like a pencil
you would heat up the stubborn bolt then melt this stuff in and walla the bolt would usually come out

Thats interesting never heard/seen that before.

crix

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
SaVaGe, MiNnEsOtA
Hey Jack,

Were you going to order all new mounts for it? I am going to go talk to the machine shop guy...

I will text ya after

J

jafraune

Dec 13, 2007
wyoming
Crix and everyone else that is helping Jack. You are some good guys! Thanks for helping one of our 900 brothers. Eric

Yes there has been some great help from this site.........crix is seriously the man.........he basically has taken my problem upon himself....I owe him big time. Not to mention he knows a sh*t ton about these sleds!!!!

Everyone else who has chimed in....Thank you as well.....every idea, thought, diagram etc....has helped....

Update: Crix just sent me text 40-50 bucks to get it done right. So thats whats going to happen.....

Thanks Clint:beer;

Jack

crix

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
SaVaGe, MiNnEsOtA
Crix and everyone else that is helping Jack. You are some good guys! Thanks for helping one of our 900 brothers. Eric

No problem thats why I have always like these forums better than others. It seems guys really and truly help each other out

Yes there has been some great help from this site.........crix is seriously the man.........he basically has taken my problem upon himself....I owe him big time. Not to mention he knows a sh*t ton about these sleds!!!!

Everyone else who has chimed in....Thank you as well.....every idea, thought, diagram etc....has helped....

Update: Crix just sent me text 40-50 bucks to get it done right. So thats whats going to happen.....

Thanks Clint:beer;

Jack

Jack, Chris at the machine shop has a 9 also, Kinda funny I thought It should be done early next week they had some stuff to finish ahead of it...

He said he was glad we didn't drill it ourselves make the job easier and he has the proper tools

Im still amazed the weld a nut on trick didn't take it out thats a first:D

Oh and the motor mounts seriously we got the motor out now is the time If you have the extra funds get all of them piece of mind ya know

Last edited:
J

jafraune

Dec 13, 2007
wyoming
No problem thats why I have always like these forums better than others. It seems guys really and truly help each other out

Jack, Chris at the machine shop has a 9 also, Kinda funny I thought It should be done early next week they had some stuff to finish ahead of it...

He said he was glad we didn't drill it ourselves make the job easier and he has the proper tools

Im still amazed the weld a nut on trick didn't take it out thats a first:D

Oh and the motor mounts seriously we got the motor out now is the time If you have the extra funds get all of them piece of mind ya know

Thanks for the update....sounds good early next week should work out good. Since tongiht doesnt work and gone all weekend... I called diggers and got the 06 motor mounts (all 4) as well as the intake boots...should be here tues/weds they said....

Im such a sucker for these 9's:eek:

POLZIN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Farmington NM
Thanks POLZIN, actually I havent been working on the sled too much myself...I have to give the credit to crix, he has done 99% of the work....but I think he knows a place that can get this done..so I think we will be ok. But I do apprieciate it a lot. :beer;

So it will probably be another week before its together again...oh well snows not falling to hard...

Jack

No problem. I was assuming you could find somone a lot closer anyhow but it never hurts to offer.

crix

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
SaVaGe, MiNnEsOtA
Hey jack your bolt is offically out my friend !!!

They called and said the store is open till 8 pm and you can pick it up/pay for it then or tomorrow they are open as well

napa machine shop on hwy 13 you know where it is

J

jafraune

Dec 13, 2007
wyoming
THANKS CLINT!!! Seriously this is awesome...thank you!!!

I will pick up tonight after work.....

Jack

J

jafraune

Dec 13, 2007
wyoming
Slighty better...eh???

Props to crix and Chris at Napa machine shop in Burnsville/Savage, MN right off hwy 13:beer;:beer;

900motor2.jpg

900motor.jpg

Last edited:

crix

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
SaVaGe, MiNnEsOtA
sweet he cleaned up all the holes now you just need to order all your parts up buddy

Friday we should be able to throw it all back together if you get all the stuff for it I dont think im going out of town I am supposed to be on call but we will see about that

Also we should upgrade all the motor mount bolts to grade 8 I think that would be a good idea after reading dogmeats thread

Last edited:
J

jafraune

Dec 13, 2007
wyoming
sweet he cleaned up all the holes now you just need to order all your parts up buddy

Friday we should be able to throw it all back together if you get all the stuff for it I dont think im going out of town I am supposed to be on call but we will see about that

Also we should upgrade all the motor mount bolts to grade 8 I think that would be a good idea after reading dogmeats thread

Yes the threads look great. He did a good job.

Friday works for me if it works for you...Im always out of my work by a latest of 6 pm.

Grade 8 bolts for sure. Hopefully the parts just get here on time now....

J

jafraune

Dec 13, 2007
wyoming
BTW...got a new fuel filter comin to....from jsledder here on the site and his website...very good to work with

donbrown

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Los Angeles
Looks like a chore.

Thank you for the post.

I had 4 intake bolts break on and all are out with heat and vive grips except for one.

What is the specific name for the Goodson wax?

Premium Features