• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Yahoo!!! Bought a new sled today!!!:-)

S

SilverGriz

Oct 22, 2004
Hayden, ID
Nice sled! It looks to be very clean and well taken care of. 4 more months and you can take that thing for a rip.

M

MAC29

Dec 9, 2007
eatonville,wa
Happy for you,very underrated sled.Seth I always enjoy your winter riding pictures you have a good group over there. Al

94fordguy

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Yakima, Wa.
Thanks all:beer;

got a question for ya... Does anyone know what brand this can is?

100_3087.jpg

100_3095.jpg

94fordguy

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Yakima, Wa.
Well, I tore into it a little today, not even having owned it a full 24 hours this morning, and including tje weight of the can, along with the sway bar and heat shields, the sled has already dropped an easy 25lbs from stock:D:D

100_3096.jpg

MtnMaxMod

Premium Member
Oct 31, 2008
N. Idaho
pretty sure that's an slp can.

TONS of weight savings there..have you ever lifted up the stock can? omg..talk about an iron briefcase.

MtnMaxMod

Premium Member
Oct 31, 2008
N. Idaho
you should be just fine on the 900, looks like your no stranger to weight riding that pred lol :)

jsledder

Lifetime Membership
Jul 9, 2001
SD
www.outdoorsupplyonline.com
Welcome to the family.:beer;

Better hit the gym if you plan on spending all day trying to throw it around in the powder and dodging tree's.

Mine had 600 miles on it when I bought it and the carb boots were already cracked, the throttle cable looked really good.... until I took the the throttle bodies off to change the boots and the oil cable was already shot. Just as well get one ordered, if it isn't broke, it will be. Clutching and gearing has been my biggest gain in performance so far. Trying to improve the front suspension is my next hurdle as well as updating the pistons and ditching the rider select.

With these skids, I often wonder if 2 sets of scratchers wouldn't be needed:D. Getting them unstuck.... sucks!!!!

What did you have to give for it, if you don't mind??

94fordguy

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Yakima, Wa.
pretty sure that's an slp can.

TONS of weight savings there..have you ever lifted up the stock can? omg..talk about an iron briefcase.

Wow, It sure doesn't look or even sound like my buddies '06 900 SLP can, it has a mean rumble to it even just idling, and barks pretty good when you tap the throttle... I really like it whatever it is, lol.

Ya, I weighed his can versus this one and the stocker was 30 lbs if I remember correctly, this one weighs 8:eek::D:D

94fordguy

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Yakima, Wa.
Welcome to the family.:beer;

Better hit the gym if you plan on spending all day trying to throw it around in the powder and dodging tree's.

Getting them unstuck.... sucks!!!!

What did you have to give for it, if you don't mind??

HAHA, I have ridden my buddies 9 several times when he still had the sway bar in it... that was a challenge, once we took it out it was much better, tho still heavier than I am use to. Ya, I've helped dig out the 06 many times...:eek:

100_1728.jpg

I paid $3,100 + tax from our local dealer:eek::D

100_3081.jpg

Last edited:

MtnMaxMod

Premium Member
Oct 31, 2008
N. Idaho
maybe it's something else lol, i am by no means the 900 expert lol..so i'm probably wrong.

how much hp do these put out stock?

S

shwee

Jan 8, 2008
Fairbanks, Alaska
verryyy clean sled man :)

my dad just picked up a '05 50th anv. RMK 900 151", traded our '64 olds for it lol.. holz spindles, fire n ice intake, slp pipe and can, ice scratchers, bar risers, vforce 3 reeds, new crate motor w/ all updates, and some other small things.

i'm very excited to try this sled out..sucks buying it in the middle of summer huh? Just gotta stare at it for 6 months untill the snow starts falling :(

Maybe if we all do a snow dance at the same time... :rolleyes:

94fordguy

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Yakima, Wa.
maybe it's something else lol, i am by no means the 900 expert lol..so i'm probably wrong.

how much hp do these put out stock?

Not 100% sure, but I think it was supposed to be in the neighborhood of like 150-152 or something like that, but don't hold me to that, lol not positive.

I know if I throw an SLP pipe on it and an intake I can get it up to the 165 HP range... not planning on doing that this year anyway tho... I just need to adapt to the newer style chassis first and see how I like it:D

Last edited:

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
You will love it. All of us are guilty of looking for the ideal sled. I've told people to avoid the 900's but to be honest, I wouldn't mind finding one for cheap myself and making something out of it. I would do a lot of research (and try and weed out the bad posts) and talk to people like Mountainhorse, Mule and others that have a lot of experience with the 900's. There are some good weight saving mods (radiator removal, pipe/can, etc) as well as some fixes (engine plate). The IQ is an awesome chassis...the best in the biz in my opinion.

Jan 4, 2008
Alaska
I just need to adapt to the newer style chassis first and see how I like it:D

I as well owned an EDGE rmk before i got my IQ rmk, personally it was an extremely easy platform to get used to. I had riden M's and REV's before and to me it was a little hard to get used to. This platform is just amazing and im sure you'll love it. Congrats!

H
Nov 9, 2001
Lincoln Nebraska
Nicely done.

For 3k a guy gets alot of sled IMO. I have put 2000 miles on mine and yes i wrench on it but it is worth it. The new 09 800's cant pull same lines but they are close. If you want a NOS set up shoot me a PM as I pulled it off mine to put a turbo on it this summer. I should have one of the few 900 turbos on the mtn next year.:)

Premium Features