• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

09 m8, bad injector?

Octanee

Lifetime Membership
Nov 15, 2010
Cranbrook Bc
hi guys, basically out for a ride and i put a bikeman bigbore 909 on the sled and trying to tune, but im having issues, going down the trail or cruising along slowly for some reason and i knwo its not my egt's but basically 1 cylinder is 1000F and the other is 350F.... and im going through a TON of fuel, my other sled is a ski doo 1000 sdi with a turbo, 6# boost and its using less fuel than my big bore.... im at 1/4 tank from the ride he is half tank even though running much harder and breaking trail.....

sled sled is evidently runnign rich as its just running like crap, stuttering trying to get up to powerband, but once i am able to play hard and give it some WOT a bunch of times it may run normal the rest of the day, egt's become within 100 degrees of each other and it runs alright... it also can be hard to start, a few pulls and it may start or some gas and all that mix.... together might get it to fire up, we changed spark plugs also and same deal

so im thinking im having a bad injector problem, it sticking or being sticky and by forcing it to run hard it sorta fixes its self?,

Has anybody known or heard of issues with the injectors? Thanks! :yo:

Last edited:

m8magicandmystery

Lifetime Membership
Jan 20, 2008
Yukon
you could switch the injectors around and see if your egts act up on the other side...or you could remove injector and have a lookee and even blow in fuel inlet with blow gun and see if injector is bypassing with no signal

as well ...possibly a reed problem...??

may be the following info will help..for 07/m8 but should work for ya..

FUEL INJECTORS
FS021
Testing Resistance
1. Disconnect the fuel injector wiring harness.
2. Set the meter selector to the OHMS scale.
3. Test between the two injector terminals. Test specification
is 2.4-3.3 ohms.
CM039
4. If not within specifications, replace the injector.
Removing
1. Loosen the clamp securing the fuel supply hose to
the fuel rail; then remove the hose from the fuel
rail.
2. Disconnect the wiring harness from each injector.
3. Remove the screws securing the injector holddown
plate to the throttle body assembly; then
remove the plate from the injectors.
4. Remove the fuel injectors from the throttle body/
intake manifold assembly.
CM203A
Installing
1. Apply a light coat of oil to all O-rings; then install
the upper and lower O-rings onto each injector.
2. Install the injectors into the throttle body assembly.
3. Place the injector hold-down plate into position on
top of the injectors and secure with two screws.
4. Connect the fuel delivery hose to the fuel rail and
secure with a clamp.
��NOTE: When securing the fuel delivery hose,
position the clamp as shown.
0729-325
5. Connect the wiring harness to the injectors making
sure the number 1 harness is connected to the
MAG-side injector.
! CAUTION
The fuel supply hose may be under pressure. Place
an absorbent towel around the connection to absorb
fuel; then remove the hose slowly to release the
pressure.

Last edited:

m8magicandmystery

Lifetime Membership
Jan 20, 2008
Yukon
what fuel controller you have..you could just unhook it for abit and hook up stock just to see if things are more normal as far as consistant delivary..???

m8magicandmystery

Lifetime Membership
Jan 20, 2008
Yukon
oh...as well if ya have one cylinder not performing right it could be your good cylinder drinking all the fuel trying to do the work of two......sooooo

as well maybe you have an intermittant spark issue...maybe take the spark plug boot off and snip 1/4 inch off the high tension and reinstall...switch coils and see if the other cylinder drops in egts..etc etc..

Octanee

Lifetime Membership
Nov 15, 2010
Cranbrook Bc
oh...as well if ya have one cylinder not performing right it could be your good cylinder drinking all the fuel trying to do the work of two......sooooo

as well maybe you have an intermittant spark issue...maybe take the spark plug boot off and snip 1/4 inch off the high tension and reinstall...switch coils and see if the other cylinder drops in egts..etc etc..

hmm yeah thats a good idea too, the fuel controller we will try unhooking but how it is, its new and was working fine, and put everything back to stock on it so its basically inactive and running stock fuel map, and its doing that

but ill give a few of your ideas a go and see what happens, ive had issues with injectors in the past and they just needed to be serviced, so im thinking these are probably the same, but i will diagnose first, thanks

M
Feb 25, 2008
Creston B.C.
Friend put none resister spark plugs in his m7 with a boon docker and had real bad over fueling issues. Put in resister type and no more issues with the box. Also check the trim on the box could be off. Causeing over fueling on the pto cyl. or mag if the plugs are backwards.

Premium Features