• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

The brake hangs on?

R
Apr 12, 2010
Norway
When I was sledding yesterday, I noticed a "weird" sound from the snowmobile.
When I was cruising over the meadow, I noticed a low and constant "bsseeep"-sound :p You know the sound the break disc makes when you do a easy and controlled break down? This sound, constantly.
It didn't go away, I had to stop driving. Have anybody else noticed this?

Again, I'm so sorry for my almost "non-readable" english! :)

N
Dec 7, 2007
Look at the older post..

About grinding or cutting a little part of the handle away..

before you grind on the lever, pull it off, if the piston on the master cylinder comes out more than a quarter of an inch, no amount of grinding is going to help. i have the same problem, tried grinding didn't make any difference. talked to my dealer, and he is looking into it.

R
Apr 12, 2010
Norway
before you grind on the lever, pull it off, if the piston on the master cylinder comes out more than a quarter of an inch, no amount of grinding is going to help. i have the same problem, tried grinding didn't make any difference. talked to my dealer, and he is looking into it.

Okey, I'll try to grind it.
If you hear something from your dealer, could you post it here? It would be fine to know what he says :)
Thanks!

TRS

Life Member
Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Cody, WY
We lowered the amount of brake fluid in the res. When the fluid got hot and expanded the brake would apply. It fixed this one don't know if your problem is the same.

Tree Boss

Lifetime Membership
Jan 11, 2009
Franklin County ID
mine has been doing it the past 2 rides, I will have to try and remove some brake fluid from the reseivor. I figured it was the pads grabbing the brake cause everytime I would pull on the brake lever the noise would get a little louder.

Premium Features