• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Belt rehab???

PJ-Hunter

Paid Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Jan 31, 2006
Kremmling, Colorado
I got stuck in some pretty deep but hard snow after the sugar gave way and ended my climb.

Anyways the guy helping me get out rammed on my throttle too hard and the track was bound up, hence glazin my belt. It had a couple hundred miles on it and was in great shape before. At $150 a pop I can't afford to buy one everytime this happens. Is there a good way to re-hab this belt and get rid of the glaze?

W
Nov 27, 2007
By "galzin", do you mean a shiny surface around the entire belt face? Or a shiny / worn surface in one spot, that makes your clutch thump. If the entire belt is shinny just scotchbrite it dull. If it thumps, it’s done.

S

swrev

Jun 26, 2008
Lewistown, MT
Best option is to swap out w/ a friends belt and see it they notice.:face-icon-small-win I've used scrotch brite before also and it works well. Used a rolox disk on a die grinder at low rpm too, just have to be more careful.

J
Jun 13, 2009
Hailey, Idaho
Had this happen on my RT1000 and I just used some 60 grip emery cloth with light pressure. Then threw it in the dish washer. Ran that belt another 600-700 miles and sold the sled with life still on the belt and no noticable loss of performance.

T

tukernater

Nov 4, 2009
BC
Wire brush than wash with hot soapy water[sunlight]and rince with very hot water then dry.

Premium Features