• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

New Pistons for 2014

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
Jason,

Probably because the 2014's have not been delivered yet... and there is no "parts" piston available yet.... Good news is, they seem to be interchangeable. bad news, not available YET...

Spare parts and new production inventory and parts numbers are two separate systems.

As I said above, I'd expect them to be available in October or so.

Norway

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
The real juice here is the difference to the "old" piston and rings.

So please, "pretty please with sugar on top", give your buddy with connections/friends in the right place a call and hopefully give us some good news! :face-icon-small-win

RS

R
Dec 24, 2008
part #'s

when I enter 2205176 into the system it just subs to 2204322 which is the piston currently being used. no change that I see. can't look at the 14 engine internals on the fiche yet because the rmk is not even listed. only switch and pro-r.

W

Wood

Dec 7, 2007
God I hate these threads......get some juicy info and then left hanging....the anticipation is gonna kill me.:face-icon-small-sho

First guy to give up the goods will get 5 'thread thanks' from me....screw it, make it 10.......

COME ON!!! SOMEBODY HAS TO KNOW!!! SPILL IT ALREADY!

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
I can tell you this...We really are not going to know the difference till someone has both the previous Part number and the 2014 part numbered pistons in their hands.

And even then... it tells nothing about the construction unless someone does some serious testing... Alloy, Heat treading, surface treatment, cross sections, etc etc

Might be the same piston specs, different supplier.

TRS seems to be "in the know" on this much better than me... so I'd take his lead

Premium Features