• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

4/8/10 reflash for 800 cfi

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
new reflash available now..it fixes lean midrange issues on 3000 ft. or lower elevations..does not fix any other issues..
2008-2010 800 CFI ECU Reflash
Please reference Team Tip S-10-04-01.

S

sonday_2

Feb 2, 2008
Kotlik
new reflash available now..it fixes lean midrange issues on 3000 ft. or lower elevations..does not fix any other issues..
2008-2010 800 CFI ECU Reflash
Please reference Team Tip S-10-04-01.

did you gotten to try it yet?so its 0-3000ft

S

sonday_2

Feb 2, 2008
Kotlik
no, havent tried it..if things work out maybe this weekend...

do it sounds good with the new flash or is it still too early. ya i figured out my pc v, my dumbass didnt even sync it first too exicment to try it out.Hear i looked at it when i first install wondering it i should reset but didnt..still learning it...shorta woke it up. a little punch on gas and it came flying up. Now i need clutching and gearing to be worked on, still have big lugs on there thought about changing to cobra.

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
do it sounds good with the new flash or is it still too early. ya i figured out my pc v, my dumbass didnt even sync it first too exicment to try it out.Hear i looked at it when i first install wondering it i should reset but didnt..still learning it...shorta woke it up. a little punch on gas and it came flying up. Now i need clutching and gearing to be worked on, still have big lugs on there thought about changing to cobra.

havent heard one run with it yet...

MARV1

Lifetime Membership
May 3, 2004
Kotlik, AK
Get that biotch running so I'm not busting trail for you all the time. :)

rocket

Premium Member
Jul 20, 2001
Wisconsin
Hopefully, someone gets a chance to run with the update and report back. Unfortunately, if all it does is fatten up the midrange, those of us with PC 5's don't really need that anymore.

GKR

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Edmonton
^^^ bingo, what he said. If you have PCV another reflash will do zip, you will really have to start over which might be worse. Mine RIPS now, why would you mess with that.:peace:
If I didn't have a PCV and ran at low altitudes I would get it done.

I wish you could see the OEM maps, that would clarify the picture just like that. I'm actually not sure why they are a secret?? To stop the aftermarket?
The aftermarket gives the technology to the manufacturers in the big picture not the other way around. At least in the last 15 years of mountain sleds anyway. C'mon Polaris, help us out here, give us the info and we might have this 800 figured out for you.:attention:

S

sonday_2

Feb 2, 2008
Kotlik
^^^ bingo, what he said. If you have PCV another reflash will do zip, you will really have to start over which might be worse. Mine RIPS now, why would you mess with that.:peace:
If I didn't have a PCV and ran at low altitudes I would get it done.

I wish you could see the OEM maps, that would clarify the picture just like that. I'm actually not sure why they are a secret?? To stop the aftermarket?
The aftermarket gives the technology to the manufacturers in the big picture not the other way around. At least in the last 15 years of mountain sleds anyway. C'mon Polaris, help us out here, give us the info and we might have this 800 figured out for you.:attention:

I would be affaid to try it out, hearing about all those flashs gone bad. and on other hand i have the pc v which made a difference in motor. Is thur a way to pull the stock map and put in pc v software.

GKR

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Edmonton
sonday_2,
Your PCV is simply modifying the stock map by adding or subtracting fuel to the stock map at various points. You must have the stock ECU and map to begin with. What I was referring to was to see what the stock OEM maps look like so we can actually compare as opposed to guessing what each update from Polaris really is doing.
You are on the right track with the PCV and will get to know it better as you use it more, stick with your existing map and work with the PCV.

AK, didn't mean to hijack, let us know how the new map works. Many don't want to go to the PCV so your input will be welcome to many.

Last edited:
S

sonday_2

Feb 2, 2008
Kotlik
sonday_2,
Your PCV is simply modifying the stock map by adding or subtracting fuel to the stock map at various points. You must have the stock ECU and map to begin with. What I was referring to was to see what the stock OEM maps look like so we can actually compare as opposed to guessing what each update from Polaris really is doing.
You are on the right track with the PCV and will get to know it better as you use it more, stick with your existing map and work with the PCV.

AK, didn't mean to hijack, let us know how the new map works. Many don't want to go to the PCV so your input will be welcome to many.

ok i c now..hopefully could get a very good map with good mpg.

S

sonday_2

Feb 2, 2008
Kotlik
Ya,,I have the latest flash on with my new pistons..Still to early for me to wot yet. it seems to be alot smoother in take..dealer wanted me to try it out.

S

shabs

Feb 8, 2009
tooo early no such thing just dont hold er open for long periods of time, every non factory engine builder recomends short wot pulls faster the breakin the better.

S

sonday_2

Feb 2, 2008
Kotlik
ya, thought about that went about half wot today sounds like I need a map for it, I did seen my det came on and i drop the throddle and it went away.probably give it a try in a bit this evening.

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
yup it bogs at the earilest i seen was at 6800 rpm with det and again at 7200 still with det.

its hitting the det light due to bad fuel, how long has it been since the store you get fuel from got fresh fuel? I bet its been most of the winter..your gonna need some octane boost like klotz or torco, then in the fall buy quite a bit of fresh fuel and add seafoam to stabilize the fuel so it doesnt loose octane...(seafoam will stabilize fuel for up to 2 yrs)

S

sonday_2

Feb 2, 2008
Kotlik
its hitting the det light due to bad fuel, how long has it been since the store you get fuel from got fresh fuel? I bet its been most of the winter..your gonna need some octane boost like klotz or torco, then in the fall buy quite a bit of fresh fuel and add seafoam to stabilize the fuel so it doesnt loose octane...(seafoam will stabilize fuel for up to 2 yrs)

2 wks with stored feul..didnt have this b4 the reflash..i just refuel with fresh gas today with premix because i have new pistons and a monoblock. what about gum out octane booster.

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
2 wks with stored feul..didnt have this b4 the reflash..i just refuel with fresh gas today with premix because i have new pistons and a monoblock. what about gum out octane booster.

Cliff, when was the last time the place you get gas got fresh gas delievered? I am thinking thier fuel is from the fall and its deteriorating...the only octane boosters I know that work on 2 strokes are klotz and torco..can you guys get av gas there?(100LL) if so 2 gallons of that mixed with the other fuel should get you good on fuel quality....

Premium Features