• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

just got new sled home!

T

t1000summit

Jan 13, 2008
Just got my new summit X 154 home! Now what mods or upgrades should I do to make it perform the best?!

X
Nov 20, 2009
Bend, OR
Here are my findings after over 2K mountain miles on an 08 and 09.

Clutching, Clutching, Clutching-This a must do on any XP IMO. I would highly recommend the Rooster Built Clutch Kit. I have tried many set-up's and prefer this kit for all around best performance in the deep snow.

Quik-Clickers-Makes adjusting your clickers a breeze.

SLP Intake-Solves any intake related issues

Venting for clutches-I have Timbersled and think it is a nice kit for the price. But most of the vent kits available will accomplish the goal of getting heat out of the engine compartment.

Remove Black Clutch Guard, Relocate Tool kit and tool kit holder to right footwell area next to the chaincase, remove sound deadening plastic panel above the silencer.

Nordlock washers for the Y-pipe. Both my sleds have had the bolts come lose in the middle of the ride. Nordlocks solve the problem.

Do a search for suspension set-up and you will find some helpful info on suspension and chassis set-up. It made a big difference.

J
Feb 11, 2009
california
swaybar, can HPS,clutching dialed in, vent kit,foam removed,limiter strap last hole,slp y pipe, 2 wheell for looks :face-icon-small-hap thats all i got for the cheap stuff:beer;;). but if whant to spend more money fox floats ez ride rear rooster built clutching and maybe a adjustabe helix well ill stop there.:D great sled you should be happy with it and good luck.

Premium Features