• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

509 IGNITE active thermal Goggles??

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
I believe they are like the abom. They have a button where they will run for a few minutes and shut off or a button where they will run continuously. I bet it is just one button and you push it until you see the light you want like my aboms.

idahosledder

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Idaho Falls, Idaho
I believe they are like the abom. They have a button where they will run for a few minutes and shut off or a button where they will run continuously. I bet it is just one button and you push it until you see the light you want like my aboms.
It is either solid on or just a two minute cycle, your choice.
My dealer said they put a pair in the freezer for awhile and they cleared up in nothing flat.
Probably just carry them with me for those really bad days.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
The aboms work great. Better than anything I've tried. If you take them off they will get a spot or 2, in between the lense, that won't go away unless you thaw them out. Pretty minor but not perfect. I will probably try the 509. I would rather give my money to them anyway.

tomx

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Bellevue, WA
www.youtube.com
The aboms work great. Better than anything I've tried. If you take them off they will get a spot or 2, in between the lense, that won't go away unless you thaw them out. Pretty minor but not perfect. I will probably try the 509. I would rather give my money to them anyway.

My Aboms don't do that at all. I ride a lot in PacNW where it's constantly 33 degrees and snowing, and my body temp runs high, so I fog a lot. Aboms have been the solution hands down, I haven't had a single issue and I'm always amazed how quick they clear. My biggest problem is fumbling with the button sometimes. They also stand behind their warranty, I had a lens that got scratched of the irridum when it slipped out of the goggle bag in my avy pack. Must have rubbed against my shovel or something hard in my pack. They actually replaced them for me which I was super stoked on.

bhoth

Lifetime Membership
Jan 26, 2010
South Jordan, UT
Subscribed. I am very interested. I have a pair of the ABOMs but they are slightly too big for my helmet.

GSPLewie

Lifetime Membership
Dec 22, 2016
Anyone have a line on these since 509 site is sold out?

armey37

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jan 30, 2008
Richland,WA
I picked up a set from a local dealer after being unsuccessful with catcountry.com and a few others. I wanted the black ops but local dealer only had yellow or green. These things are selling like hot cakes. Hope they work well up here in the PNW.

101B3510-0455-41D8-81EE-1738302E4ABC.jpg

B

bmich2011

Dec 6, 2014
Iowa
I already have a pair with dark tint. Do you guys prefer the green or yellow tint? Trying to decide which ones I want. Thanks.

Yaeger34

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2015
St cloud mn
THESE GOGGLES SUCK! Seriously the worst POS I have bought into marketing wise. All weekend in Cooke with it snowing, foggy, cloudy, etc wearing my scott hustles no problem. Throw on my green sinister ignites and they fogged all damn weekend. Didn't matter what combination of heat function I tried. I am seriously so pissed off at how bad these goggles were. Seriously can't believe I wasted $200 on these.

I mean they are the best thing, worked great. Worn one day $175 shipped haha

GSPLewie

Lifetime Membership
Dec 22, 2016
THESE GOGGLES SUCK! Seriously the worst POS I have bought into marketing wise. All weekend in Cooke with it snowing, foggy, cloudy, etc wearing my scott hustles no problem. Throw on my green sinister ignites and they fogged all damn weekend. Didn't matter what combination of heat function I tried. I am seriously so pissed off at how bad these goggles were. Seriously can't believe I wasted $200 on these.

I mean they are the best thing, worked great. Worn one day $175 shipped haha

So, they suck or they’re good... which is it?

GSPLewie

Lifetime Membership
Dec 22, 2016
If you are looking to buy my used set from me they are the best thing ever created. If you aren't going to buy my set then I will be honest because these goggles are seriously garbage.

I’ve got a pair (Kingpin Black Ops) that I was excited about for this coming season, but with your review, I may just return them.

Last edited:

Yaeger34

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2015
St cloud mn
I’ve got a pair (X5 Black Ops) that I was excited about for this coming season, but with your review, I may just return them.

I mean you can wait and see what other people say. But I had someone else try mine the one day to see if it was just me, my helmet, etc, etc and no difference. Seriously I had 0 problems with my scott hustles all weekend. Also not that it was a deal breaker by any means but since the goggles don't work the extra weight on the side is noticeable and probably more annoying now that they don't work haha.

NorthMNSledder

Trail Coordinator
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Ham Lake / Lake of the Woods, MN
I mean you can wait and see what other people say. But I had someone else try mine the one day to see if it was just me, my helmet, etc, etc and no difference. Seriously I had 0 problems with my scott hustles all weekend. Also not that it was a deal breaker by any means but since the goggles don't work the extra weight on the side is noticeable and probably more annoying now that they don't work haha.

Did you contact 509 yet about them?

Only reason I ask is that you are the first to have a pair not work at all. There are not many reviews yet on them (from non sponsored riders) but the others I have seen are positive. Maybe you just got a pair that does not actual work and is defective.

For $200 I would call the company and see what they have to say. Might be worth your $200. LOL

Yaeger34

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2015
St cloud mn
Did you contact 509 yet about them?

Only reason I ask is that you are the first to have a pair not work at all. There are not many reviews yet on them (from non sponsored riders) but the others I have seen are positive. Maybe you just got a pair that does not actual work and is defective.

For $200 I would call the company and see what they have to say. Might be worth your $200. LOL

Ya I FB messaged them and e-mailed so we will see. Just realized this is another Polaris company, oh boy, polaris, klim and timbersled have all screwed me on warranties and such haha.

Premium Features