• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

509 IGNITE active thermal Goggles??

bryceraisanen

Lifetime Membership
Mar 5, 2011
MAJOR FREAKING KUDOS TO 509!!!!!!!!!
They asked me to supply them with photos of the broken power wires and this was their reply this morning.
These goggles are YEARS OUT OF WARRANTY!!

I am so impressed with their customer service!

Hello,
Thanks for sending those over.
We're happy to help get those replaced for you.
I'll just want to confirm your name, phone number and shipping address.
Once I have that we can get the new lenses on the way for you.
Let me know if you have any questions. Thanks again!

FUELING YOUR PASSION

Sean McCoy
Customer Service Representative, 509
PH: (877) 743-3509
FX: (509) 448-0903
WB: www.ride509.com
HQ: 2818 N. Sullivan Rd, Suite 110 | Spokane Valley, WA 99216

Pry doesn't hurt to be the MIC of snowest.com. On another note, does anyone have a comparison of the latest 509 Ignites and Aboms?

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Pry doesn't hurt to be the MIC of snowest.com. On another note, does anyone have a comparison of the latest 509 Ignites and Aboms?
I am sure it doesn't HURT, but.
In the 12 years I have been running this place what I have found more often then not is that people respond FAR BETTER to someone who is trying to be polite and nice, not ranting and raving.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
First day of riding with the aviators.
Yesterday was COLD
Probably right around Zero.

On the trail I was getting some consistent wind leakage into the googles that caused my eyes to tear. This would only happen on the trail at higher cruising speeds, say 45+

For all OFF TRAIL riding they were OUTSTANDING.

NorthMNSledder

Trail Coordinator
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Ham Lake / Lake of the Woods, MN
First day of riding with the aviators.
Yesterday was COLD
Probably right around Zero.

On the trail I was getting some consistent wind leakage into the googles that caused my eyes to tear. This would only happen on the trail at higher cruising speeds, say 45+

For all OFF TRAIL riding they were OUTSTANDING.

I assume you were running a KLIM Helmet?

Only reason I ask is I noticed that with my old KLIM helmet as well with the 509 goggles. With the 509 helmet there was never the same issue. I'm guessing it's just in how the goggle opening is different between the two.

plumnuts

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Right side of Washington
so on the broken wire, 509 would warranty but were out of stock and would only give me a coupon. I had purchased the goggles from Dennis Kirk and they too did not have any goggles but offered free return and full refund! Hats off to Dennis Kirk!!!

Found a 509 dealer in Michigan that had a new pair and they should be here next week...

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
They did manage to scrounge up a couple replacement lenses for me and get them shipped off. Should have them here next week

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Just showed up in the mail

4f846216e3e9499144d3d0eaea26a095.jpg

509 sent me two replacement lenses for the older ignite goggles!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ryanjeri

Lifetime Membership
Feb 20, 2008
ID
Not sure that I am buying much of ANYTHING at all this year in the way of Riding gear.
BUT.

I am BUYING A 2nd PAIR of these AVIATORS.

BEST DAMN GOGGLE I HAVE EVER WORN.
Dang you, I had forgot about these, could not get a hold of them last year so I just forgot about them. now I have to see if my dealer has them.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Dang you, I had forgot about these, could not get a hold of them last year so I just forgot about them. now I have to see if my dealer has them.
They are now accepting "Advance Orders" and I am placing my order in advance.
Totally fell in love with these last winter and want to make sure I have a couple pair on hand.
Always ride with 2 pair of spares for the last 10 years.
So I will end up with 3 pair total.
Should be enough to share with less fortunate ridinging partners from time to time!;)

dfly

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 28, 2010
Minnesota
They are now accepting "Advance Orders" and I am placing my order in advance.
Totally fell in love with these last winter and want to make sure I have a couple pair on hand.
Always ride with 2 pair of spares for the last 10 years.
So I will end up with 3 pair total.
Should be enough to share with less fortunate ridinging partners from time to time!;)
How well do they work on those deep fluffy snow days? Does the snow fly off or does it start to stick to lense?

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
How well do they work on those deep fluffy snow days? Does the snow fly off or does it start to stick to lense?

I thought they did pretty well because that have no external frame for the snow to get that first hold on. The aviators were great for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

shelbwyo

Lifetime Membership
Jun 29, 2010
Sheridan, Wyo

They work great! I use the burst mode so I turn them on when needed to handle any fog, mainly to save the battery. I have never had snow stick to them when they are turned on.

Premium Features