• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Why everyone selling vipers??

S
Jun 9, 2011
Idaho Falls
I'm holding on to mine but have thought about selling due to the 2016 changes. I'm going to upgrade the front suspension and call it good. I would like the engine upgrades and 3" track but don't want to spend the extra cash.
I see more Polaris' for sale than any other sled. I don't use my Poo's enough to sale them so I'm keeping them too. If I put a lot of miles on them I would for sure sale them. I see them as Throw-away sleds. The snow show in Puyallup, WA always has more Polaris than any other sled.

motojunkie101

MODERATOR: Premium Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Sandpoint, Idaho
My short list is the 160lb spring upgrade, play with clutching, and mayyyybe the new front end and gripper skis.

Then this thing is straight fuel and ride which is great after being on a modded nytro. I plan on keeping this sled for 5+ years. I can't afford to take a few thousand dollar loss every year or two on a new sled. That is one big reason I buy yamaha, I know it is going great to keep on running long after I'm done with it.

turbo800

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Northern,UT
I've considered selling mine, not because of ill performance or handling, but simply cost. Like others, the depreciation factor will keep me seated for a few years. I have a 3" track ready to install this summer and will probably do the '16 front end kit when its out...

L

LuckydawgAK

Feb 13, 2011
Aurora, CO
I'm selling mine. Do I want to? Hell no! The sled exceeded my expectations.

I was diagnosed with Parkinson's disease last July (2014). I almost didn't buy this sled since, well, I have Parkinson's! Then I thought, "F" that! I'm not letting this thing get me down! Well, that was a great thought, I had a great season but in the end the cold winter, the pain, the rigidity... it's too much. Alas, not to despair, we will be moving to Florida, thus the reason for the sale and likely buying a boat.. a slow moving pontoon boat!

M
Feb 7, 2009
Wabush, Labrador
I'm holding on to mine but have thought about selling due to the 2016 changes. I'm going to upgrade the front suspension and call it good. I would like the engine upgrades and 3" track but don't want to spend the extra cash.
I see more Polaris' for sale than any other sled. I don't use my Poo's enough to sale them so I'm keeping them too. If I put a lot of miles on them I would for sure sale them. I see them as Throw-away sleds. The snow show in Puyallup, WA always has more Polaris than any other sled.

Engine upgrades?

I thought there was just going to be an ecu flash?

motojunkie101

MODERATOR: Premium Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Sandpoint, Idaho
As far as I know the vector engine got a major upgrade, not the viper engine. The updates to the vector do make it more appealing for boost though. Baby steps in the right direction.

sledheader

Lifetime Membership
Feb 18, 2013
Between a Rock and a Hard Place
Just asking for curiosity's sake.

How many miles do you guys get on average before a rebuild? I'm talking with a turbo, so it compares to equal HP of the other three. What's the first thing to go on those motors? Bottom ends I'm assuming are fairly bullet proof?

sledheader

Lifetime Membership
Feb 18, 2013
Between a Rock and a Hard Place
Rebuild? Let me ask you this. How often do you rebuild the engine in your truck?... exactly. :face-icon-small-coo

Well I own two. Both are 12 valve cummins diesels, a first gen and a second gen....so no I don't do rebuilds.....EVER. lol

But you're not exaggerating? I mean, 10,000 miles? Still good to go?

I would really like to ride a boosted yammi just to see what the handling is like. I like reliability as I'm sure most do, but without ever being able to get on one and the fact that they are almost non existent where I normally ride, makes me think that they aren't the way to go

S
Jun 9, 2011
Idaho Falls
Well I own two. Both are 12 valve cummins diesels, a first gen and a second gen....so no I don't do rebuilds.....EVER. lol

But you're not exaggerating? I mean, 10,000 miles? Still good to go?

I would really like to ride a boosted yammi just to see what the handling is like. I like reliability as I'm sure most do, but without ever being able to get on one and the fact that they are almost non existent where I normally ride, makes me think that they aren't the way to go

I think they handle great once they are setup right. I'm looking forward to the new front end. It should be much better. I like having more power then I need. I sold my RZR due to the lack of power, it was boost too. I've been rode all the stock sled and always find myself wanting more power. You don't see Yammi's because they are very popular due to weight and stock HP.

Premium Features