• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

100 grams+12000 rpm's+big boost=?

M

MCX KILLER

Banned
Aug 21, 2011
I liked my daltons, but even with dtya-3 loaded full with the super slugs I couldn't keep off the stock rev limiter when running over 20 psi. Lower boost levels they worked ok. I still liked the supertips better because I can run so much tip weight to help with belt sqeeze
on top end which extends belt life dramatically. I agree that the oem clutch is more then adequate for mountain riding.
how many km do you get on your drive belt,before it breaks?Who do you mean makes the strongest belts.I moved my rpm limiter up to 12200rpm so i dont have to hit it all the time while im tuning the chlutches:) Sorry for my bad spelling.
bovaa

Z
Oct 8, 2003
Utah
how many km do you get on your drive belt,before it breaks?Who do you mean makes the strongest belts.I moved my rpm limiter up to 12200rpm so i dont have to hit it all the time while im tuning the chlutches:) Sorry for my bad spelling.
bovaa

More tip weight will sqeeze the belt harder on top end, meaning less belt slip which extends belt life. For us mountain guys running 174x3" tracks in 3ft of powder climbing chutes, there us a lot of load on the belt.

TBird

Premium Member
Jan 16, 2008
North of Sweden
I'm going to try an new alternative for Yamaha this year.
1. Quick clickers, i've always been envy of Ski-Doo over that.
2. Quick change ramps and weight.
3. Four arms.
I have high hopes, and it looks and feel really good, longing for snow!

http://www.c3powersports.com/content/tapp-industries-clutch

a0ud5e.jpg

mattymac

Lifetime Membership
Apr 12, 2004
Sutter Ca.
I'm going to try an new alternative for Yamaha this year.
1. Quick clickers, i've always been envy of Ski-Doo over that.
2. Quick change ramps and weight.
3. Four arms.
I have high hopes, and it looks and feel really good, longing for snow!

http://www.c3powersports.com/content/tapp-industries-clutch

a0ud5e.jpg

not sure if theres any been any problem directly related to this but I have a habbit of putting the nut/threaded end going toward the rotation of the clutch to put the centrifigal force on the head of the weight pin, just seems like less stress on the nut/threads which could cause problems over time coming loose or appart. Especially now with the amount of RPM's and actual weight were slinging in these higher HP sleds!

that spring doesnt look like its sitting right either.

TBird

Premium Member
Jan 16, 2008
North of Sweden
I agree about the spring, i will put an thin washer between the nut and spring before season begins, doubt it's going to do much but it will not hurt either, as long as the spring doesn't bind so adjusting the clicker gets impossible.

sledfvr

Lifetime Membership
Apr 7, 2008
NW MT
I had a hauck roller clutch on my old Rx-1 and it worked great. I think they are around $1,200 though.

Premium Features