• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Injector Code???

S
Aug 24, 2009
Boise, ID
Just finished putting a rg bd kit on a m1000 and it is throw code 5 I think. It flashes 5 times then stops and another 5 times and so forth. Got told this is a injector failure.... Is this right? I have looked this thing over and over. Double checked the injector wires and even put a new air sensor in and put a different bd wiring harness in, no change. Anyone got any ideas. Never threw a code til I put the turbo on. Thanks

S

sledstew

Nov 2, 2004
Mandan, ND
www.themildtowild.com
Injector issue

1)Check the voltage to each injector,see that they are getting adequate voltage.I believe its the red wire going to each injector,not positive on wire color.
2) Check ground wire on BD box,also check voltage regulator ground .

3)DO NOT wrap aluminum heat tape on top of injectors,Ive seen this cause static and throw codes.

Just a couple starting ideas,hope this helps

Hardass

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Troy Montana
Had one of my friends with an injector error code coming up on his bd pump gas, it shuts you down. We unhooked all plugs and plugged them back in and every thing was fine for a while then it did it again so same procedure the fine the plugs in the harness needed to be secured together with a tye wrap now it;s fine.

S
Aug 24, 2009
Boise, ID
Figured it out. The guy I bought it from forgot to give me the connecter that goes to the stock air temp connecter. Thank you guys for the help. Guess it helps when you have all the pieces! Sled did run well without it however. Just had that dummy light flashing.

Premium Features