• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

rk tek pistons in 2010 polaris 800 dragon.

B
Oct 18, 2010
i wanted to see who has all put these pistons in their sled and how did they work. also give me all the information that i need to know to make this sled reliable. It is a 2010 Polaris 800 dragon with 400 miles does anyone think that my cylinders are already cracked or should i be OK.

Snowbird11

Lifetime Membership
May 29, 2011
SLC/Samak, Ut
I put the mtn tek kit in my 08 800 for piece of mind after seeing some striations on my pistons when viewed thru the exhaust ports. it wasn't horrible but enough for me to want to fix the problem before i did any damage to the cylinder skirts. its been running strong ever since.

try the "search this forum" tab and you'll see plenty of info on this subject.

G

green_denali

Dec 14, 2009
Anchorage, AK
pistons

I have a 2010 dragon 800 155, and I haven't had a single problem with mine. When my sled was last at the dealer they said the pistons looked perfect. I posted some pictures of my pistons from the exhaust side a long time ago, & they looked perfect in the pics. I also asked my dealer at the time if they had any problems with the 2010 800's, & they said hardly any. My sled has about 1500 miles on it, hope this helps. Take off your pipe &see how they look from the exhaust side, if they look good, then I would hold off on getting replacement pistons. Also, my oiler is set at the stock factory setting, not turned up like most people like to do.

red99powerstroke

Lifetime Membership
Apr 3, 2008
Persia, IA
I have put the mtn tek kit in 4 dragons. All the pistons didn't look bad but 2 had broken skirts. One that would have gone down the next ride, it was cracked almost all the way across the skirt on both cylinders and the other one with just small hair line cracks about 1/4 inch (still not good) both had 800-1000 miles.

I did one last year that had close to 500 miles on it and looked good just honed and went, his boy didn't do the fix to his and went one trip west and has an engine in pieces. His had 1000 miles

3 were 2010 and 1 2009 and both with broken skirts were 2010's

That being said I would install the mtn tek kit and if your skirt is cracked I would install the Indy Dan reinforced mono block (look very close the cracks are hard to see if they are small)

That is my opinion with what I have seen

Premium Features