• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Dragon Issues

M
Oct 2, 2022
MB
I have a 2010 Dragon 800 switchback that died on me last winter. I had just put a new cylinder and piston kit in after losing a ring. Ran great for about 3hr.s then it felt like I blew another jug, loss of power, running rough, running on one cyl. and the gauge cluster went out. Thinking it was a cyl/piston issue I pulled it apart. No issues, still looked new. Got it back together, and now Im at a bit of a loss as to where to start looking. Bad ecu/ground? Help much appreciated.

retiredpop

Lifetime Membership
Jul 3, 2001
Calgary
First thing comes to mind is a bad voltage regulator. Does it fire up and run normal for a while after sitting a few minutes?
Look at the back of the ECU to see if there is any bubbling or indications of excessive heat.

M
Oct 2, 2022
MB
First thing comes to mind is a bad voltage regulator. Does it fire up and run normal for a while after sitting a few minutes?
Look at the back of the ECU to see if there is any bubbling or indications of excessive heat.
Nothing obvious on the back of the ECU. Went through the volt reg/rect diode check from the book and just about everything is reading lower than the spec. range. So too much voltage?
Thank you for the help.

C
Jan 21, 2023
Ontario
I have a 2010 Dragon 800 switchback that died on me last winter. I had just put a new cylinder and piston kit in after losing a ring. Ran great for about 3hr.s then it felt like I blew another jug, loss of power, running rough, running on one cyl. and the gauge cluster went out. Thinking it was a cyl/piston issue I pulled it apart. No issues, still looked new. Got it back together, and now Im at a bit of a loss as to where to start looking. Bad ecu/ground? Help much appreciated.
I had something similar happen I was riding slow just got it out of the shop for the first time it worked fine but once I took it out for about 10 minutes the gages and lights went out then bogged out when I go to start it the plugs get wet and it has lots of spark but still won’t start unless I put gas down the plugs but will still big out unless at a high rpm ,don’t know what to do

Premium Features