• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Correct Grease?

B

Brett Slagle

Jan 11, 2008
I am greasing all my zerts (suspension, jackshaft, steering) soon and was wondering if there is any special grease I need to be using? Thank you.

Rixster

Premium Member
Oct 20, 2005
Springville, UT
I am now using Valvoline synthetic grease. It is good to 45 below. It was like 2.30 a tube so not to bad.

P
Mar 12, 2008
sunnyvale trailer park
my old boss from back in the days I used to log kicked me in the butt for not greasing my skidder often enough, basically he told me "I don't care if you use vaseline to grease it, as long as you do it every day dumba$$!"
Moral of the story it really doesn't matter what you use as long as you use it often

go high fast

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 7, 2008
Missoula MT
i am also using the Valvoline Syn grease this year for the first time. I suspect it will be perfect for both low temps and the beating that bearings can take.

D
Sep 14, 2006
On the toilet
my old boss from back in the days I used to log kicked me in the butt for not greasing my skidder often enough, basically he told me "I don't care if you use vaseline to grease it, as long as you do it every day dumba$$!"
Moral of the story it really doesn't matter what you use as long as you use it often

Yes often is important but you don't want high temp grease that is hard as a rock in the winter temps. Most greases would be fine though. Throw some in the freezer for an hour or 2 and see how thick it gets, if it isn't too thick use it.

I bought a bunch of polaris low temp grease quite a few years ago that I use, will switch once I run out of that this year.

Premium Features