• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

I think I have a problem..What you all think???

06 RMK 900

Oct 20, 2008
Mandan, North Dakota
OK I think I might need to do a little work on my Rear Suspension. I took a few pics

This first one is me holding up the back end all the way up.
DSCF0145.jpg

If I let go it then falls to this

DSCF0144.jpg

If I get on it, it goes down even more to this, and doesn't come back up at all.

DSCF0142.jpg

I have tried adjusting the Torsion springs and the little adjuster at the ende of shock. It seems like it used to come back up more by itself and I had more cushion. So what you all think? I'm guessing I need a new back shock?

J

jafraune

Dec 13, 2007
wyoming
if its on the caster wheels it will always sink...i think its a pressure point or something...

i would let it sit for awhile mine seems to do the same thing after i let it sit on the casters for awhile then it gets back to normal....maybe Im just mental or something though lol

06 RMK 900

Oct 20, 2008
Mandan, North Dakota
if its on the caster wheels it will always sink...i think its a pressure point or something...

i would let it sit for awhile mine seems to do the same thing after i let it sit on the casters for awhile then it gets back to normal....maybe Im just mental or something though lol
Ok I will have to give that a try, Just seems odd that I can push it all the way down just about to bottome out and it comes up only a little bit.

The Bob

Premium Member
Mar 1, 2008
MN
Get the shocks rebuilt. They are blown, maybe just 1 but probably both if you rode it alot with 1 blown out. I am not quite sure what is one that sled for shocks (rebuild wise), just send them out or have them rebuilt by someone that knows what they are doing.

06 RMK 900

Oct 20, 2008
Mandan, North Dakota
Get the shocks rebuilt. They are blown, maybe just 1 but probably both if you rode it alot with 1 blown out. I am not quite sure what is one that sled for shocks (rebuild wise), just send them out or have them rebuilt by someone that knows what they are doing.
Wish i could they can't be rebuilt

R

Rob1334

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Feb 26, 2008
Bismarck, ND
Had same problem last year Casey, I was stressing going WTF then waited till it got a little colder and let it sit on its own, shocks perked right up and was fine by the time I rode.

F

f15ejedi

Oct 6, 2008
Anchorage Alaska
I had a coil spring that was broken on a different model sled and didn't see it until I took it apart. Double check them also but your shocks are blown.

06 RMK 900

Oct 20, 2008
Mandan, North Dakota
What kind of shocks you all think I should put in there. I want something good but not kill the check book. I can't stick much more into my sled this year.

Links are great!!!

F

Fast Freddie

Mar 1, 2009
Shoshone Idaho
05 stock shocks

I've got a set of stock shocks for the rear i took off my 05 900 they should work. Took off at about 300-350 miles. If your looking at saving some $$ pm me if you want them sell cheap to help you out.:cool:

94fordguy

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Yakima, Wa.

Yup, the caster will exagerate any sag you would normally be seeing... Especially putting it that far back, you are moving the pivot point all the way back instead of splitting the weight between both skid springs evenly. Also, you can crank up the preload on your spring cams and that will help with the sag issue as well.

diamonddave

Chilly’s Mentor
Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2006
Wokeville, WA.
As a Canadian would so eloquently put this, "Dude, your rear torsion springs have sacked out." I've replaced about 6 or 7 sets of rear torsion springs on these 05 and 06 IQ's. In fact, Polaris even makes heavier rear springs for us heavier guys which I'd rec if you weigh over 190 lbs as the stock ones even for light guys have been found to sack out premature.

Normal...

K
Nov 27, 2007

my 900 rear springs sacked out in about 700miles i would advise heavy duty springs may be a bit stiff at first.Also the stock shocks dont take much abuse i would try to find some used rebuilt shocks.

B

BIGGDAWG

Jul 6, 2001
Waverly, Iowa
I agree with these guys the rear springs are sagged out. a three in our group did the same thing. we upgraded to the heavy duty springs on 2 of them and they work great. I put the timbersled skid in mine and love it.

the new springs are a little stiff for the first ride but they break in and are 100% better than the stock ones.

Premium Features