• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Removing plastic to mount a gas or cargo rack?

S

ss_badaz

Dec 6, 2007
B.C."The Koots"
Thanks 900, Just at Home Depot, I found an aluminum extrusion comes in lengths about 36`` long about 2`` wide it is either for use on windows or doors not exactly sure. This profile has a small lip on one side and the opposite side will fit tight into it. Then built a small square tube frame under it and a few pop rivets, you could also weld this together. Mount on the tunnel to either side of the cooler with pop rivets from underneath. I will try and find a piece of this profile in the shop post a pic for you. Never had a problem with it so far. I am sure there is alot of different ideas for this, that would work.

06 RMK 900

Oct 20, 2008
Mandan, North Dakota
here is what i ended up doing, Can still see it a little but It looks god to me.

I have to say thanks to Leslie at Mountain Addiction for helping me get the gas rack figured out for my sled. Great customer service and fast response. Rack was shipped out Wed got it on Friday. I have not rode with these tanks yet but I can tell it's a good product and would say anyone looking for a good system for extra fuel this would be the one.
DSCF0157.jpg

DSCF0158-1.jpg

DSCF0159.jpg

DSCF0161.jpg

DSCF0162-1.jpg

06 RMK 900

Oct 20, 2008
Mandan, North Dakota
right now they have a sale that comes with everything for $90. You would have call and see what it would cost with only one. I plan on just drilling a couple holes in the rails and getting another pin so I can put one tank in the center of the rails

Premium Features