• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

CPI can on stock pipe?

06 RMK 900

Oct 20, 2008
Mandan, North Dakota
I'm looking for a video clips of a CPI can on the stock 900 RMK pipe. I don't have the money to buy the SLP pipe yet bout would like to at least get a can this year. So has anyone else done this and if so would you have a video clip so I can listen to how it sounds?

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
no video, but i am sure its worth doing..you can save you rmoney and get a USED SLP pipe later on...i have seen a few here and there..

just buy the can..wont hurt anything, and wil drop a tone of weight in the meantime..

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
if your looking for the CPI can still let me know...

i LOVE my CPI can on my 05 900, almost bought a SKINZ ultra Q can but went back to the CPI again...

i know where one is for sale at a steal ;)

H

High Velocity

Nov 27, 2007
Hinton, Alberta
06 900 RMK, I know where you're coming from, but the best advice I can give you is save your money and put it towards your SLP pipe with reflash. I spent $250 and did the can the first year I had my '06 900 RMK (with no noticeable performance benefits), then I turned around and bought the SLP pipe and reflash in season #two for about $550. I should have done that right away. Seat-of-the-pants difference was HUGE !!!!! One of the best mods I've done to my 9. Save the silencer money (unless all you want is noise) and put it towards the SLP pipe and reflash. Just my humble opinion.

06 RMK 900

Oct 20, 2008
Mandan, North Dakota
ha wow old thread I forgot to update everyone. I ended up just putting on a SLP can on. Got if from someone on the form (don't remember who) it road very little with it and it only cost me $75

Z-Man

Premium Member
Dec 23, 2007
ha wow old thread I forgot to update everyone. I ended up just putting on a SLP can on. Got if from someone on the form (don't remember who) it road very little with it and it only cost me $75

Be sure to check the top of your SLP can where the pipe is welded in. I have had three of them crack with less than 300 miles on them. After that I switched to the CPI and no problems at all with it. CPI is noisier but engine is much more responsive with it even when using the stock pipe. I have the CPI pipe too but I had to take it off and put the stock one back on when it started to melt my side panel. I am going to have it ceramic coated before I put it back on.

R
Nov 1, 2010
I have the cpi pipe and can. The slp melt's the plastic around it. My buddy has it on his and melted his shock tower. Plus cpi sell good used one's.. I bought mine for $100 bucks.

Premium Features