• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Rekluse Radius X

GreenState

Lifetime Membership
Feb 28, 2012
McCall
The Core 3.0 EXP is still the premium product with all the trick billet parts.

The Radius only replaces your clutch pack.

T

TQUIRL

Nov 24, 2010
Pocatello, Idaho
The Core also carries a premium price. I am mainly wondering if the RadiusX will hold up to snow biking? I've read that the non Core exp is not recommended for snow biking.

C

clark54

Apr 23, 2008
Missoula, Montana
I'm a big fan of the Z-Start Pro. Their original bulletproof design. Not all the new fancy bells and whistles but it flat works. No adjusting, no messing with it. Called Rekluse and put in the springs and weights they recommended and never looked back. Clutch plates still look new.

Apr 25, 2014
Pretty sure the radius x uses the new steel friction disks(Torqdrive), they are thinner and brings the clutch pack back up to stock numbers or more. Also think they use the steel lined baskets they have been using in there manual clutches for a while now.

P
Nov 28, 2007
Yukon Canada
Different clutch , I tried there cheap version that Removes 2 disks and uses heavier springs to make up for it. If they use the thin disks it may be a bitt better. The Z star pro was the first and is still the best they ever made Ran the for Years. Just can not get them anymore for any of the newer bikes.
They are much more expensive to machine and build-it was a question of economy for recluse.

B
Dec 17, 2015
I spoke to rekluse on this, and they said that this is durable enough for snowbiking applications, unlike the regular EXP 3.0. The main advantage of the CORE EXP 3.0 is you get the rekluse clutch basket which allows for better cooling of the clutch components.

wwillf01

Lifetime Membership
Aug 12, 2012
Heber Ut
I spoke to rekluse on this, and they said that this is durable enough for snowbiking applications, unlike the regular EXP 3.0. The main advantage of the CORE EXP 3.0 is you get the rekluse clutch basket which allows for better cooling of the clutch components.

Any more information on this... About to order one ... Are they holding up?

H

hiltz

Oct 30, 2015
Edmonton, AB
I also spoke with Rekluse, said it'll hold up just fine. Also mentioned there is a 30 day money back guarantee and a 1 year parts replacement if it fails.

I ordered mine today... cant wait!

skidooboy

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
central lower michigan
I spoke to rekluse on this, and they said that this is durable enough for snowbiking applications.

what lots of people don't realize is creeping around in the trees is where the recluse is needed, AND it is where it builds heat, and wears the clutch the most. when you don't let these things "eat" and run at higher rpms cruising every so often... the plates slip and wear out faster because, they never get to get cooled down with a fresh higher rpm oil bath.

these were designed for woods cycle riding, where they get a chance to cruise, and cool, regularly during the riding. they were not designed for snowbikes, and all day creeping. if you don't treat them like that, the clutches will wear ALOT FASTER, than in dirt applications.

our market is so small, I am unsure if rekluse would ever r&d a specific model for us snowbikers but, we can all dream, and stay in contact with them with our successes and failures, to help us all, bikers, and snowbikers. Ski

RACINSTATION

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2003
Idaho
The Radius X works great. I have lots of guys that ran the EXP on snowbikes and were fine. Rekluse says not to use the old EXP for snowbikes. We have a lot of hours on the new Radius and they work flawlessly in all applications. The Radius CX is the premium Radius setup, but the Radius X will do everything that you need.

wwillf01

Lifetime Membership
Aug 12, 2012
Heber Ut
I have cx and I am really happy you finally get the best stock like lock up at high RPM.... I think it will be great for snowbiking... I have had zero issues with them even on a turbo... They just need to be set up accordingly..

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

T

trestlecreek

Sep 19, 2010
So which oil do you run? Rekluse suggests Rotella T which is 15w-40 non synth... But in the winter temps, is it ok to run 15w-40?

SuperchargedWS6

Lifetime Membership
Nov 14, 2010
So which oil do you run? Rekluse suggests Rotella T which is 15w-40 non synth... But in the winter temps, is it ok to run 15w-40?
im using amsoil 0w40 with my CX. not many miles on it but works perfect.

Sent from my SM-N920W8 using Tapatalk

wwillf01

Lifetime Membership
Aug 12, 2012
Heber Ut
2 stroke I run the 5w rotella... In the 4 stroke 0 weight arctic cat oil ...both work great

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Premium Features