For support please email or pm Christopher christopher@snowestonline.com

Upgrade to Premium
Polaris: AXYS 2016 AXYS chassis

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-10-2017, 07:30 PM
Currently: Not set.
Basic Member
Polaris900RMK has a reputation beyond reputePolaris900RMK has a reputation beyond reputePolaris900RMK has a reputation beyond reputePolaris900RMK has a reputation beyond reputePolaris900RMK has a reputation beyond reputePolaris900RMK has a reputation beyond reputePolaris900RMK has a reputation beyond reputePolaris900RMK has a reputation beyond reputePolaris900RMK has a reputation beyond reputePolaris900RMK has a reputation beyond reputePolaris900RMK has a reputation beyond repute
Default 39” ZBros Install Question

Hello,

Couple quick questions......

I just purchased the 39” stance. I have seen a few posts talking about having to grind the spindles. Am I supposed to do that with my 39” or is that only for the 36” ones? Also they came with tie rods but do I need to use those since it’s supposed to be the stock stance?

Thank you for the help. The install instructions are pretty weak.

Rate this post: Yes | No
The Following User Says Thank You to Polaris900RMK For This Useful Post:
skydog77777 (12-11-2017)
Old 12-11-2017, 01:10 PM
Currently: The point of a journey is not to arrive...
dude has a reputation beyond reputedude has a reputation beyond reputedude has a reputation beyond reputedude has a reputation beyond reputedude has a reputation beyond reputedude has a reputation beyond reputedude has a reputation beyond reputedude has a reputation beyond reputedude has a reputation beyond reputedude has a reputation beyond reputedude has a reputation beyond repute

I know for sure you don't need to use the tie rods. Stock ones work fine. As far as the grinding with the 39" stance I don't think you need to grind them. Pretty sure grinding the spindles is only on the 36" arms...

Old 12-11-2017, 06:48 PM
Basic Member
Polaris900RMK has a reputation beyond reputePolaris900RMK has a reputation beyond reputePolaris900RMK has a reputation beyond reputePolaris900RMK has a reputation beyond reputePolaris900RMK has a reputation beyond reputePolaris900RMK has a reputation beyond reputePolaris900RMK has a reputation beyond reputePolaris900RMK has a reputation beyond reputePolaris900RMK has a reputation beyond reputePolaris900RMK has a reputation beyond reputePolaris900RMK has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Dude. I appreciate the reply ;-)

Old 12-11-2017, 08:03 PM
Currently: ND. Meatball Crew
FatDogX has a reputation beyond reputeFatDogX has a reputation beyond reputeFatDogX has a reputation beyond reputeFatDogX has a reputation beyond reputeFatDogX has a reputation beyond reputeFatDogX has a reputation beyond reputeFatDogX has a reputation beyond reputeFatDogX has a reputation beyond reputeFatDogX has a reputation beyond reputeFatDogX has a reputation beyond reputeFatDogX has a reputation beyond repute

Not sure on the Axys but on a Pro, the 39" Z-Broz you ended up with some pretty good marks in the spindles after turning each way max. A guy could have ground them a little to avoid but again, not 100% sure on the Axys but as mentioned above I know the 36" you do.
Legend Enclosed Trailer (the toy box)

Old 12-11-2017, 09:25 PM
Basic Member
southlake has a reputation beyond reputesouthlake has a reputation beyond reputesouthlake has a reputation beyond reputesouthlake has a reputation beyond reputesouthlake has a reputation beyond reputesouthlake has a reputation beyond reputesouthlake has a reputation beyond reputesouthlake has a reputation beyond reputesouthlake has a reputation beyond reputesouthlake has a reputation beyond reputesouthlake has a reputation beyond repute

I installed a 39" kit on my 17 axys pro and had to grind my spindles. I put everything on and lifted the front end with a block under the belly, turned the steering both ways and marked the rub spots, then used a flap disk to gently bring those spots down. Not too much material taken out but its a bummer you have to do it in the first place.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Rate this post: Yes | No
The Following User Says Thank You to southlake For This Useful Post:
FatDogX (12-12-2017)
Old 12-11-2017, 10:10 PM
Basic Member

Well that’s a good direct answer that I needed. Thank you! Hoping to have time to mess with them this week.

Old 12-12-2017, 08:34 AM
benltr has a reputation beyond reputebenltr has a reputation beyond reputebenltr has a reputation beyond reputebenltr has a reputation beyond reputebenltr has a reputation beyond reputebenltr has a reputation beyond reputebenltr has a reputation beyond reputebenltr has a reputation beyond reputebenltr has a reputation beyond reputebenltr has a reputation beyond reputebenltr has a reputation beyond repute

Not sure why you have to grind a 39 inch kit...

Take a look at those kits, stock geometry and no modifications needed :

www.trenchers.ca/en (price are in CAD)

Old 12-12-2017, 02:34 PM
Seabass152 has a reputation beyond reputeSeabass152 has a reputation beyond reputeSeabass152 has a reputation beyond reputeSeabass152 has a reputation beyond reputeSeabass152 has a reputation beyond reputeSeabass152 has a reputation beyond reputeSeabass152 has a reputation beyond reputeSeabass152 has a reputation beyond reputeSeabass152 has a reputation beyond reputeSeabass152 has a reputation beyond reputeSeabass152 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by benltr View Post
Not sure why you have to grind a 39 inch kit...

Take a look at those kits, stock geometry and no modifications needed :

www.trenchers.ca/en (price are in CAD)
Since these look like a ZBros knock off and cost about $50(US) more delivered, what's the incentive to buy? Clearancing takes only a few minutes and ZBros typically has replacement arms on hand.

Old 12-12-2017, 03:49 PM
Currently: Back in the mountains
Thanked 1,067 Times in 399 Posts
Murph has a reputation beyond reputeMurph has a reputation beyond reputeMurph has a reputation beyond reputeMurph has a reputation beyond reputeMurph has a reputation beyond reputeMurph has a reputation beyond reputeMurph has a reputation beyond reputeMurph has a reputation beyond reputeMurph has a reputation beyond reputeMurph has a reputation beyond reputeMurph has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabass152 View Post
Since these look like a ZBros knock off and cost about $50(US) more delivered, what's the incentive to buy? Clearancing takes only a few minutes and ZBros typically has replacement arms on hand.
Not promoting or discrediting. I have zero experience with this company.

Heim joint instead of pressed in ball joint. No removal of old parts.

Canadian Company. Prices are in Canadian Dollars.

Speedcell Technologies-- Founding Member

Old 12-12-2017, 10:57 PM
Seabass152 has a reputation beyond reputeSeabass152 has a reputation beyond reputeSeabass152 has a reputation beyond reputeSeabass152 has a reputation beyond reputeSeabass152 has a reputation beyond reputeSeabass152 has a reputation beyond reputeSeabass152 has a reputation beyond reputeSeabass152 has a reputation beyond reputeSeabass152 has a reputation beyond reputeSeabass152 has a reputation beyond reputeSeabass152 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murph View Post
Not promoting or discrediting. I have zero experience with this company.

Heim joint instead of pressed in ball joint. No removal of old parts. That's on their lower A-arm kit only

Canadian Company. Prices are in Canadian Dollars.
My comparison was using a .80 exchange rate. Their shipping quote was $60.

I was referring to their A-Arm kit which shows non-heim joint and states you need to re-use bushings/ball joints.

Actually about $40 more than ZBros using todays rate of .78. They do include a ball joint removal tool though.

Old 12-14-2017, 11:13 PM
Currently: Completed a MTN trip without (sled) damage!
Basic Member
adamg has a reputation beyond reputeadamg has a reputation beyond reputeadamg has a reputation beyond reputeadamg has a reputation beyond reputeadamg has a reputation beyond reputeadamg has a reputation beyond reputeadamg has a reputation beyond reputeadamg has a reputation beyond reputeadamg has a reputation beyond reputeadamg has a reputation beyond reputeadamg has a reputation beyond repute
Warning You Must be a registered member and logged in to view this response.

Click Here to Register

Old 12-15-2017, 09:41 AM
benltr has a reputation beyond reputebenltr has a reputation beyond reputebenltr has a reputation beyond reputebenltr has a reputation beyond reputebenltr has a reputation beyond reputebenltr has a reputation beyond reputebenltr has a reputation beyond reputebenltr has a reputation beyond reputebenltr has a reputation beyond reputebenltr has a reputation beyond reputebenltr has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

Old 12-15-2017, 08:47 PM
Basic Member

Click Here to Register