• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

BRP I hope you are listening!!!

D
Dec 4, 2007
Ok... First I'll say that I love the 850. Amazing power and so easy to ride in technical terrain.

Now the Rant!!!

I'm typing this now because I spent all afternoon and night doubled up on another snowmobile trying to get out of said technical terrain. My brand new 850 is currently in a deep dark hole in a blizzard and will likely be there for a week with the weather the way it is.

First... Earlier today my belt grenaded!!! I mean absolutely blew to pieces and with such force that it blew a hole through the metal grate in my footwell. 300 miles and kaboom!!! I personally put 2100 miles on one belt on my xm and changed it because I thought I was pushing my luck.

Second and biggest problem. Get stuck in a ravine. No big deal... Happens when riding said terrain and having fun. Roll the sled over to get out. Start the sled and it runs for about 30 seconds and then just dies. Tried everything possible....tore it down as far as we could... Nothing. No spark... Won't start. Then have to proceed to try to double up/hike out of the canyon that it is currently residing in.

Oh ... By the way. Nice &&@@(&4&,&8&! Tool kit that comes with it. The belt issue is real. The ... Whatever the )@(@@:&;& is wrong with my sled in the middle of the mountains and won't start is real. I honestly just hope it isn't the stator because if so.... The next post that comes after the $&@! Show that will have to occur to get it out will have me really fuming!!!!

Ok. I'm tired and done for now!!!

ripnit

Lifetime Membership
Mar 9, 2009
Chilly Id/Iowa Falls Ia
Don't know if this is the same but had a XM that we rolled over(sitting at a odd angle on hill) and would not start. Tried for half and hour and not even a hit that it wanted to start. Decided to push it down the hill to work on it, at the bottom it started in 2 pulls:bowl:

Solarguy

Premium Member
Jun 23, 2011
NW Montana
Bummer, sorry to hear about your issues! Our worst nightmare other than injury....leaving our sled in a bad place with bad weather coming. I hope you are able to get it running and out asap.
We broke a bolt on the quick drive lower pulley the other day (13 pro back up sled for friends/family), lucky it happened where it could be towed out with some difficulty. It had been a long time since our last
Major breakdown, was a reminder to check tools/supplies. Thank god
We were in a place we could get this sled out of!
I feel for you and will be hoping for a fix and return of the sled to your world. Good luck and keep us posted.

DUKHTR3

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Don't know if this is the same but had a XM that we rolled over(sitting at a odd angle on hill) and would not start. Tried for half and hour and not even a hit that it wanted to start. Decided to push it down the hill to work on it, at the bottom it started in 2 pulls:bowl:
I have had the same issue before. The doo tool kit leaves a little to desire. I carry a extra tool kit with a set of wrenches, torx, and Allen wrenches.

Sent from my E6782 using Tapatalk

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD

Our group has also had this same experience with XM.... Weird

Blu Du

Premium Member
Feb 19, 2008
Nisswa Mn.

we all so had this happen multiple times to one sled. roll it over from a stuck and it wouldn't start unless we leveled it out

C
Nov 29, 2008
Second and biggest problem. Get stuck in a ravine. No big deal... Happens when riding said terrain and having fun. Roll the sled over to get out. Start the sled and it runs for about 30 seconds and then just dies. Tried everything possible....tore it down as far as we could... Nothing. No spark... Won't start. Then have to proceed to try to double up/hike out of the canyon that it is currently residing in.

Try disconnecting the battery (negative terminal) for a few minutes - ran into a guy last season stuck with with same issue .. sled would fire up / burble / bog / shut off ....disconnected the battery for 3 - 4 minutes and after it started & ran perfectly ....

A

acutah

Nov 27, 2007
Kaysville, UT
Try disconnecting the battery (negative terminal) for a few minutes - ran into a guy last season stuck with with same issue .. sled would fire up / burble / bog / shut off ....disconnected the battery for 3 - 4 minutes and after it started & ran perfectly ....

Interesting thought...similar to having to reset your router or cable box, etc. If it is ecu related error it could possibly work. We should definitely try that.

F
Nov 27, 2007
medicine hat
Snow behind the flipper has done the same to a few other guys in the past.. But I had thought it at least starts, but will not idle up because tps does not see a zero at idle..

Hope you get that figures out, back in 07 we had a wire from the voltage regulator that rubes on the bulkhead and would short electrical out.. Dead sled till you moved the wire..

Premium Features