• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Suspension setup

T
Dec 19, 2016
Mapleton Utah
What's everybody's stock preferences along with weight and height. I'm 180lbs and 6,1 front shocks on middle adjustment and back on hard with blocks on 5 but I know nothing. I ride a lot of torn up trails to get back to the powder with trees and I've been dropping 6 foot cornaces. So what I'm getting at is what are you guys settings at to help me and others with tuning.

whitefish

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Kent WA
Too my surprise, I have my fronts on 2 and rear on 3. I weigh 230 all geared up. I have yet to find a reason to change. Never bottomed out and my sled is in the air a lot. 165 3".

Wapow

Premium Member
Dec 4, 2007
How about limiter strap? My dealer setup was 2 holes above the bolt and front track shock set all the way open (no preload). Climbing was effortless, but too much ski pressure for my liking and it fought me when carving and sidehilling in shallow pow. I moved it down a hole (one hole above the bolt) and increased the FTS preload two clicks (mine's an SP 154"/3"). Way better overall handling now. I haven't climbed much with the limiter in this position, but I can see how it could get sketchy. The instant throttle response combined with the light throttle pull can deliver some surprises. I'm hoping they make an adjustable limiter for this sled. Would be great to leave it loose most of the time, but be able to tighten it up when you know you have to punch it straight up a steep hill to get where you're going.

M

mtn mike on boost

Nov 26, 2007
Woodinville,WA
How about limiter strap? My dealer setup was 2 holes above the bolt and front track shock set all the way open (no preload). Climbing was effortless, but too much ski pressure for my liking and it fought me when carving and sidehilling in shallow pow. I moved it down a hole (one hole above the bolt) and increased the FTS preload two clicks (mine's an SP 154"/3"). Way better overall handling now. I haven't climbed much with the limiter in this position, but I can see how it could get sketchy. The instant throttle response combined with the light throttle pull can deliver some surprises. I'm hoping they make an adjustable limiter for this sled. Would be great to leave it loose most of the time, but be able to tighten it up when you know you have to punch it straight up a steep hill to get where you're going.
they do have an adjustable limiter for it
im 185 and run the fronts on 3 no swaybar
slight preload on center, and #3 on torsion
likely switch rear to #4 if jumping

M

mtn mike on boost

Nov 26, 2007
Woodinville,WA
No sway bar? I thought it did good w it on. Is it comparable to xm w and w out?

on the xm, didn't make a lot of difference to me.
first ride on g4 had swaybar in and pulled for second ride.
5 rides now and I cant see why I would re install.

reminds me of the benefits when pulling swaybar on
the early m series sleds, probably not for everyone
but I like it.
I see your somewhat local, would love to compare my stock
rear skid to yours on the hill someday. ride baker 95% of the time, but willing to go somewhere else to see some
real world results.

Premium Features