• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

strange problem, M1000

I had a weird happening on my M1000 yesterday.
I was out riding and suddenly all the lights went out. The headlight came back quick but the rearlight/brakelight and the instruments blacked out and the instruments are dead with RPM locked on 7500.. :confused:

i have headlights and lights in the left handcontroller but nothing other than that..

we tried the ECU and the chassis controller thingie and instruments from another sled but no workie..

it also seems that it runs worse now with bogs and hesitations :confused:

BTW: i tried a SLP y-pipe before it blacked out..
the a$$ dyno said it was quicker and more responsive but when i did 3 drags against a XP we were dead even..
and with the stock y-pipe i was quicker than the XP everytime..

so much for mods :confused:

the rpm raised from 7200 to 7400 so my uneducated guess would be that i have to add some more weight to the primary..

D

diggerdown

Apr 25, 2004
Deer Park Wi.
Sounds like you have a wire that is pinched or rubbed through. Check the tail light wire first and if nothing there start looking at the steering column. Could be a bad ground too.
I never saw a dyno win a race or go up a mountain, but they sure help sell a lot of worthless parts!

P

promod631

Nov 26, 2007
Alberta,Canada
Saw a blip somewhere guys had the same problem,has somthing to do with the ECU, sounded like it just need to be refashed, check with your dealer...

S

Smashcat900

Apr 21, 2006
Hermiston Oregon
www.myspace.com
Check up throught the steering post. Your brake light wire may have been ran through there and it has probably been pinched and has shorted. There is a fuse on the what I guess is some kind of power converter (box that has cooling fins like an amp)that will blow out. You'll have to fix that wire and replace the fuse and you'll be golden. This happened on an M-8 my buddy rides. I'm not sure what they were thinking running that light through there. When the fuse goes it sends the sled into limp mode and it runs like aZZ. Hope that helps!

my dealer found the error :)

it was the fuse on the amp-looking thingie.. power converter or whatever its called..
we checked that fuse but it looked fine and so thought the mechanic but since he couldn't find error somewhere else he measured it and it was broken..

a new fuse and we're good to go. :)

so now you know if your sled runs bad and/or lights blacks out..
the answer is in the fuse ;)

the mech found the reason for the fuse to black out..
the wiring on the tail lamp were grinded down so no insulation = blackouts..

good that he found the cause to the blackouts..

and yes, i HAVE been fiddling with the tail lamp so it was my own fault ;)

Premium Features