• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

accelerator pump feature on pc3 usb??

K

killerrf

Nov 27, 2007
sk
anyone use this for on the sleds? it says all pc3 usb support this feature. i enabled it on my sled but i was wondering if anyone has played around with this feature and if there is any starting points to go off of or maybe its not worth turning it on at all? thanks.

Frostbite

Lifetime Membership
Dec 15, 2007
Eastern Washington
Interesting question.

I spoke to SLP about the fuel mapping and I was told that with the PCV that they bump up the fuel for ease of starting using the accelerator pump (or at least I though that was the feature they said they used). I was told the PCIII does nt have that function.

However, if it does and we can make our PCIII equipped sleds even easier starting with a slight mapping cahnge, then I'm all for it.

Am I confused with what the accelerator pump feature does on the Power Commanders?

K

killerrf

Nov 27, 2007
sk
Interesting question.

I spoke to SLP about the fuel mapping and I was told that with the PCV that they bump up the fuel for ease of starting using the accelerator pump (or at least I though that was the feature they said they used). I was told the PCIII does nt have that function.

However, if it does and we can make our PCIII equipped sleds even easier starting with a slight mapping cahnge, then I'm all for it.

Am I confused with what the accelerator pump feature does on the Power Commanders?

its for the pc3 USB and PV5 only.

T
Feb 8, 2010
Nelson, B.C.
the accelerator pump function is used when one has a bog when trying to accelerate. Back in the old days carberators used accelerator pumps to clean up the flat spot when accelrating which was created by the opening of the throttle plates and allowing too much air to the engine for the given fuel at that setting. That's the same function the accelerator pump on the PC-3 and 5 do. For start issues one can either reduce A/F at idle or on the 5 use the enrichener/choke function for starting. For me I choose to have my PC-V start functioning 30 secs after cold start-up to allow factory cold start function to do the work and I have my AF set at 14:1 for everything below 4,000 rpm...any leaner and I have dificulty starting and accelerating after I have been sitting for 20-30 minutes. hope that helps. T

Premium Features