• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Boss Noss New System Install and Guide.

B
Nov 30, 2007
Bought this off Randy at GoBigParts.Com He is always hooking me up so thanks Randy.
:ylsuper:

GOTNOS.gif

First I will show the Install on a 05 F7

Then a 09 CFr8 Which is the same as an M
HPIM1703.jpg

Boss Noss Instructions are horrible just like their seat instructions.
The pictures in their manual on possible setups arnt clear ( low resolution) and are very small.

Fuel bottle holds 110 at a 20:1 premix

I always try to mount the fuel bottle as High as I can so any air in the fuel lines will naturally rise out.

I Fabricated some brackets for the Firecat out of aluminum and ended up bolting through the foot well area. THis setup runs extremely close to the brake rotor so make sure you have everything tight. THe bottle was mounted on the footwell at the bottom and the NOS bottle I bolted through the belly pan as it was the only area it would fit. Now I know this will work with a stock can because that is what I used. System for the firecat was tight. Instructions recommend installed in the throttle body boots but i opted for the airbox. MY thinking behind this was for any reason one nozzle didnt spray that meant that only 1 cylinder was getting 30hp shot of nitrous and definitely wouldn't be good for the motor.

Installing in the airbox means the cylinder will pull the same amount of air which would equal a "safer" shot.

I used some Line Holders from Menards to make a cleaner Install with the lines running everywhere.

Be sure to purge the lines and make sure that the fuel is being pulled by watching it physically move through the lines. The kit works off of pressure and the venturi effect so no need for a fuel pump. Used 1 bottle bracket for the Firecat.

HPIM1508.jpg

HPIM1517.jpg

HPIM1520.jpg

NEXT is The CFR that is brand new with a D&D Can I added.
I used 1 bottle bracket the first time and 2 the second.

I had some issues because I wanted to mount the whole system together all on one bracket.

I had some issues with the flexing of the mount because I hade both bottles on the one mount. I Fabricated up the mount and installed it and decided that i wasnt happy with the flexing and the overall movement for any ditch banging or rough riding I may do.

Heres the First Install.

You can tell by the last picture that there is a lot of weight on the skinny bracket.

Bracket
HPIM1714.jpg

HPIM1700.jpg

HPIM1702.jpg

HPIM1701.jpg

Then I decided to go this route with a wide and thicker piece of Aluminum that I cut into 12in pieces x2
Mounted it right through the holes already in the footwells. I put a small degree bend in the Brackets so the fuel bottle would fit.
Much Stronger

HPIM1712.jpg

HPIM1710.jpg

HPIM1709.jpg

HPIM1711.jpg

Premium Features